Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Correct the age profile of the two parishes Caherdavin and the Holy Rosary would be relatively high I was down at the weekend and a brief visit to Lidl reinforced this belief

Further out there a newer estates but whether they get same quality is up for grabs . A city club give need big numbers to get hurlers . At this stage Monaleen and Mungret have better numbers but it is impossible to say they will ever get the same quality of a senior team as Na P

You’ve more in the way of competing sports in the city.

The numbers aisling annacotty and regional United have are ridiculous

Foreign sports :laughing: are popular in rural area now . West Limerick sustains it’s own soccer league and rugby has a presence and tentacles .

They are still winter sports out there. Serious gah lads would use it to tip away to keep fit

Classic TFK sample statistics right there.

3 Likes

N.a. Piarsaigh bate the Well at minor tonight. Comprehensively I gather

They beat the Well well

Outside of the 2 Kirbys I doubt Patrickswell have much

That was Under 16. Mungret St Pauls, Doon or Bruff will win that competition this year. Patrickswell and Adare’s juvenile structures are very poor at the moment. Patrickswell’s U14 team are only competing in Division 3 this year, and their U16 team have lost all their three games they’ve played in the U16 championship so far to Cappamore, Bruff and Na Piarsaigh respectively. Adare’s U16 hurling team are only competing in Division 3 this year and their U14 team is only in Division 2. Actually from U14 all the way up to U21, Adare aren’t competing in the premier division of any hurling competition this year.

1 Like

That’s better for them, they had been persisting to play teams at the highest level despite being nowhere near good enough.

I know that it can be very hard to grade underage teams but teams playing at a level below and winning all round them is pointless, but the reverse is also true.

Both occur regularly.

In pretty sure adare have an extremely strong under 12/13 team. I think a lot of their senior team from the mid 00s are involved now. Willie Griffin also I believe so I’m sure they’ll improve.

I think a big club with a big pick should aim at the the top grade at 12s/13s always. It’s nearly impossible to get up the standard if you start at a lower level.

I agree with the first part, not necessarily with the second half. Losing every match you play as a youngster is not good; people lose interest etc.

The likes of Na Piarsaigh, Mungret, Monaleen with massive numbers will realistically always be at the top level but I imagine numbers fluctuate a lot for the likes of Adare and Patrickswell.

O Connell, o Reilly, Lyons and Ronan Connolly gone from the senior panel. No word on Adrian Breen.

He’s gone too?

Not on the list.

Long term injury?

Well he isn’t on the confirmed panel either. I’m almost certain jerome boylan injured himself at a limerick senior hurling session too.

He should still be listed on the panel imo.

Injured in a challenge game against Dublin a while back. First game back after Munster final and did the same injury again.

1 Like