Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

If you say so.

Is this not a waste of money?

1 Like

You’ve obviously never stood on the side of that pitch watching a game :cold_face::cold_face:

1 Like

Absolutely not, badly wanted.

Most definitely not. It’s very badly needed.

1 Like

West Limerick has spoken.
For me you would be better off with another all weather pitch and a proper gym rather than a stand. Its s facility primarily for training. Between Askeaton, Nwewcastle West, Bruff Kilmallock we have a number of decent pitches to cater for good sized club games.

I’d prefer if they got the facilities to play games/training right

Exactly . Twill be great . That place in open and Baltic of a winter nay summer evening .

Every Lk GGA supporter should be made stand there for 2 hours on a February Saturday afternoon and a Friday night in November . Failure to have done this should mean no all Ireland tickets .

1 Like

Mick Neville is used an awful lot for games, especially in winter when other fields wouldn’t be able for it.

Yeah but for games in winter would you not prefer to have an all weather pitch to play in or a stand to cater for the 50 odd that might turn up to watch it.

I’d imagine it’ll be used for the limerick footballers league games

You can’t play actual matches on all-weather pitches though.

That being said, the main pitch in Mick Neville is absolutely shite too.

Completely. That’s only encouraging the football crowd.

3 Likes

The Limerick to Cork motorway, aswell as the Adare bypass, will be built before that stand is ever erected.

1 Like

You’d want your head examined to be encouraging football in Limerick

1 Like

Why?
Club matches could surely be played on them. I know the pitches in UL are often used by clubs to play underage matches. Clare county board often have matches there.

They’re shit.

A 6000 all seat at the bog garden would be the business .

2 Likes

The Bog Garden is a super surface, to be fair.

1 Like

The surface of that pitch at Mick Neville is fucking awful

Matters fuck all for football.

2 Likes