Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

They’ll be dancing on the streets of Newcastle west tonight.

Dunno, I lent it to my Limerick buddy as he wanted to write a ballad about Limerick beating Tipp in the football

5 Likes

He’s done so a few times in fairness to him, a true gent. Haboo time now, good little boy.

What’s even more exciting is we’ve probably a chance of beating cork. It’s a pity it isn’t a home tie.

They beat a 2/3’s Dublin team during the week!! :see_no_evil:

Success

16 Likes

Scampi fries. :heart_eyes:

Cork have been a shambles but it’s always easier beat a fellow “minnow” in Munster than Cork or Kerry. That said, by all accounts, Limerick were very good tonight so there is hope. Fantastic result either way though. Three years ago Tipp were in an All Ireland semi final and looked to be on the up, whereas we have mid/lower mid table division 4 for all that time.

And, again, it’s Tipp. Fuck Tipp.

5 Likes

Yurt, what a win! Hon fucking Limerick!

1 Like

Great stuff, Limerick are at nothing without a Gaels man midfield :star_struck:

3 Likes

Roaster

Brilliant win.

I hope the Sunday game tomorrow night gives it a proper highlights package.

You’d be doing well to have more than a fella with an iPhone at this

Let’s keep the hype to a minimum. Time for a football omerta

Oh oh oh sweet Childs of mine…

3 Likes

Dodgy lining up a big one here

1 Like

Just back from Semple Stadium, Mordor.

Oh my good Lord. Magic.

That’s why you support the Limerick footballers through thin and thinner. The narrow, heart breaking defeats, the not so narrow defeats, the regular disappointed trips where you question your sanity coming home after another thumping, the scorn and ridicule when you say you’re off to support them (and that’s only off your own family members) - well tonight is why you do it. Absolutely buzzing.

9/1 no hopers. As I said to my mate in the car on the way down - I wouldn’t back us at 90/1. Total outsiders but they somehow conjured up a display out of nowhere. Fully deserved victory. Outstanding from start to finish. We actually kicked the ball which is unusual for us.

In true Limerick style we went down there and walked all over them.

Iain Corbett led by example. 1-02 from centre back was unreal. Between him and Childs for MOTM. The beast from the east lorded it at midfield, plucked ball after ball.

First win in Munster since 2012, first championship win of any description since we famously took the scalp of ulster king pins Antrim in Corrigan Park back in 2016. Euphoric scenes at full time, I was nearly the first on for the pitch invasion. Probably will be a state on the Sunday Game tomorrow night but I couldn’t give a shiny shite.

We’re on for the double.

A terrible few weeks for Patrick Quirke just gets worse. Wonder did they tell him the score inside yet. Tipp were gobsmacked.

Away to Cork this day three weeks, the same time as the Champions League final. Sadly I won’t see either due to a family function ffs. Cc @Ashman :hushed:

But that’s a debate for another night. Glory, glory Limerick footballers.

I’m off out the door for pints.

Alright sort Billy Lee is at the wheel…
Tell me how good does it feel…

24 Likes

Lads I’m good friends with some Tipp “football people”, as I’m sure many of ye are.

I’ve no idea what I’m talking about but I’m milking ever last drop out of this momentous occasion.

The South :angry:

3 Likes

I never slag you about the family function kid . As a devout catholic fearing the attack on family by communists I respect attendance at such events and think even sport should play 2nd fiddle . Enjoy the few pints

1 Like