Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Sorry pal!

1 Like

Ah no. Not another fucking wedding in west cork.

We seem to produce unreal midfielders. John Quane, John Galvin, Gearóid Hegarty and now Tommy Childs :clap:

1 Like

Don’t forget daragh Tracey. An underrated player. Only 25 id say but he’s beem some servant to the footballers.

Childs is a huge addition this year; he’s what we’ve been missing in midfield, he gives you the option to go long on kickouts as he is a serious ballwinner and also allows us to put pressure on the opposition kickouts. Treacy has been carrying the can alone in midfield for a few years now. I thought that without the likes of Neville & White that we’d struggle to get enough scores to win but maybe forgot what the influence of having a more dominant midfield would do to help the overall performance.

I would say that Childs maybe isn’t quite as athletic as the others you named there but he is a very good midfielder in his own right. Destroyed us in the club championship last month aswell.

Don’t forget Jason Stokes either, serious player.

2 Likes

Our own kick outs were so much more improved and played a massive part last night. We played less than a handful short all evening, thus avoiding being squeezed in and gifting turnovers as often happens. Went long nearly all the time and got plenty of joy from it. If Childs or Treacy didn’t win it cleanly we did well on the breaks. Such a change from recent years where we would inevitably be wiped out around the middle.

Tipp grabbed a goal and a point late on and had it back to four. They had the momentum and it seemed another case of “here we go again.” Tipp boomed a kick out long and we desperately needed to stop their momentum - Childs rose like Galvin of old, horsed about three Tipp cunts out of the way and claimed it. Terrific stuff. The siege was lifted, the visiting fans roared their approval and we kicked for home.

We probably should have gone in a few points up at half time. McSweeney (free), Enright, Lee & Corbett kicked a few belters. We were kicking the ball into the inside line and for once it was sticking. Had our usual quota of deplorable wides but reduced it to just a handful in both halves. We were actually economical enough throughout which is a staggering statement in itself for the footballers.

We’re never a team that’s going to kick 18 or 19 points a game so the goals were crucial. Could have had a couple in the first half but when they presented themselves in the second half we buried ‘em. The army man Corbett rallied the troops with a stunning goal, pierced right through before emphatically burying it. He’s some yoke in full flight.

Second goal was just terrific work from Fahy. Point effort from either Lee or O’Carroll dropped short in at the back post, he held off the defender, flicked it down to himself and lashed it past the despairing keeper. Gave us a lovely cushion we were never going to relinquish.

Our full backline were solid all evening but when Tipp crept in for a goal - thought it could have been a free out for over carrying tbh - we never panicked. A driving run from O’Carroll saw his shot saved before the incoming Peter Nash steamed in to lash home and seal a famous victory. The last couple of minutes were played out in a lovely serenity as you knew we had it.

Think we avoid the first round of the qualifiers now. At least three championship games and more experience for the young lads now. Hopefully it’ll encourage a few more lads to commit next year.

Meant a huge amount to all concerned at the end. Seven years without a win in Munster. Chuffed for all involved but especially the old stagers like O’Dea, Corbett and Seamus.

Can’t see us beating Cork but we’re already in bonus territory now. I went over back slapping Billy Lee at the end in full roaster fashion. :clap::clap:

11 Likes

We’ve a chance to pretty much knock cork out of the championship next Sunday and it isn’t even June. Please don’t fuck this up lads :pray:

6 Likes

Looking at Cork today I think we’ll smash em off the park

That was a beautifully taken goal by Iain Corbett so it was :grimacing:

4 Likes

I’d an early coffee in town and I must say the sense of antipation is In the air already. You just can’t beat championship with a big bag of sticks.

3 Likes

Our Limerick lads are very confident. With the likes of Kyle Hayes on the team we can’t lose. We are so lucky that our time has come and now they’re greedy for much more.

Limerick, Limerick, Limerick

5 Likes

Kyle Hayes wont make the team.

After 3 months of being an arse hole I’m formally announcing my return to tfk.

1 Like

Welcome back.

1 Like

:rollseyes:

Will be lucky to make the 26 with the strength of our panel.

I’m drafting up alternative teams at the moment. I wonder could we go Kyle, the Dow and hego. It’s these big occasions where Dowling really comes into play. Kyler at 11 is more a hater than a lover and Dowling could really eat Tim o Mahony alive. Curbing Coleman’s influence is huge too.

I’m not too sure about that. I mean you down the list of our panel, they’re the best hurlers in the country. Their inner strength and belief is off the charts. Fuck it but I’m proud of those boys. A gift from God.