Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Has often crossed my mind that an experienced Irish barman could have a successful business training English bar owners / staff on the basics.

Problem is most customers and staff have no idea how bad the service is so no perceived value in improvement.

1 Like

There’s a bar near us for the Woodstock which is utterly notorious. I’ve stood at the bar, counted six customers, and six barstaff, and still waited ten minutes. It’s so bad that despite it being a lovely old building, done up at no expense, loads of people won’t go there as they can’t be bothered. I explained this to the architect, but doubt it concerned him. It says something when a pal rings you for a pint, and when they say they’re in the Woodstock, you inwardly sigh, and turn the telly back on.

They are worse than the English. Can’t put a head on a beer either. And if you’re unlucky enough to have to order a cocktail they’ll wank themselves over those for fifteen minutes.

They’re supposed to be a savage lazy race? I know of an Irish fella living out there who said it would take them a few days to reply to an email.

It depends. They’re as useless as their management allows them to be. Same as anywhere really.

British bar staff are the most useless shower of cunts I’ve ever seen. Pubs in central London on a Thursday or Friday evening packed to the rafters, que’s for drinks and two useless bastards behind the bar taking all the time in the world.
*most of the bar staff usually aren’t British

Most of the bar staff in London are Aussies

Are they?

Most Aussies in London work in bars.

Get the fuck back on topic

Cork lads at football tonight were very bullish about Cork’s chances this weekend… Make out that was their bad game out of the way.

I don’t want to ruin the tone of championship week but it’s a total farce these tickets are going on sale through centra in my opinion. I was having a few pints in my local earlier and 3 lads were above at the bar discussing the game and querying how good their stand tickets would be. The same 3 cunts I’d say haven’t been at a club game in twenty years. None were members of my club either or any gaa club. Surely the gaa should distribute these ticket through the clubs and country wide clubs should have a non playing membership of maybe 50 euro per year which entitles you to purchase two championship tickets. It’s really difficult to fundraise at club level and even if small rural clubs had 20 extra sign up that would 1k a year and would help greatly. Also in my opinion there should be some sort of kick back to the clubs if a club member purchases an inter county season ticket. These season tickets definitely should not be handed out to lads who aren’t club members either. I’m not certain if you do have to be a club member to get one. The clubs are the heartbeat of the gaa and continually get shafted.

It hasn’t really been an issue up to now though. I’d say there’s only been a handful of games in the past 5 or 6 years where the stands have been sold out.

I’d say club secretaries aren’t too bothered either. Tickets are a head wreck of a job.

2 Likes

I know you’ll always have a bandwagon element after an all Ireland but surely there’s a better way. I think the disconnect between clubs and the communities is getting bigger. It also means if you get to an Ireland final you have an audit trail of who was going to the games all year which makes things easier when dividing up tickets.

They are fucked. The Cork lads at football know fuck all about hurling except their ould fellas tales of yore.
The only concern for Limerick is their own performance. We are a team buolt on workrate. They havent let up in 12 months. Very hard to keep that level of performance. Will start 14 of the AI team if not 15.

Most Aussies are cunts

2 Likes

On that basis then, you’re alienating people like me. I haven’t been to a club game in Limerick in years but haven’t missed a championship or league game in years.
On the other side of it, I would bet that the last provincial game where tickets were scarce was probably the 2013 Munster final.

3 Likes

Is there a scarcity of tickets for Limerick v Cork or something?

But you would almost certainly sign up as non playing member of a club. Imo people should be members of their clubs if they are getting tickets for inter county games.

I’d say the stands are close to being sold out.