Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

You can be damn sure they aren’t too bothered!! If they had to sort tickets for the 4 games, they’d need to give up the day job for the next 5 weeks.

1 Like

I don’t believe them when they say the stands are sold out. I’d say they are trying to trick us

You could easily order them online with a club membership pass. It doesn’t have to be people on the ground. The clubs seems to be always shafted.

If I’m not mistaken you are not allowed represent limerick from under 14s up if you are not a signed up member of a club.

How is my 75 year old neighbour gonna order them online?? My own club doesn’t have any online presence bar Facebook. Which a few of us are trying to sort at the moment.

Being honest it makes life a hell of a lot easier for those involved in clubs having tickets on sale through Centra.

It would be logistically very difficult having to collect club names for every game (Limerick played eight hurling championship matches last year), have a club draw for every championship game, sort payment with county board for every game, keep a record of who attended every game. Just not feasible or practical.

The system is grand at the moment.

We’ll be having a club draw for the 10 or 20 terrace tickets we’ll receive for the Waterford game and I can already hear people bitching and moaning because their name doesn’t come out.

Get involved with your club and/or buy a season ticket and you’ll never have an issue with tickets.

4 Likes

If you arranged it through tickets.ie you’d take the bulk load away. After that there would be little numbers left for clubs.

Tickets went on sale for the Cork match on 24th April. That’s plenty of time for anybody with an interest in getting a stand ticket to go and buy one, or even ten.

4 Likes

But the clubs would have to pony up upfront with tickets.ie

1 Like

If Tipp bate them Sunday , there’ll be no issue with tickets

But at the moment there’s little reason to get involved with clubs. The tickets are the one carrot. Imo if you are not a member of a club you should have no entitlement to tickets. Without the clubs there is no inter-county game.

1 Like

If it was a blanket move the gaa could easily sort some system.

True, but look regardless ‘Tis a great complaint to be having for the 3rd week in May.

It’s just a small gripe but I’ll almost certainly approach my 3 boys from the pub to join the club lotto and be told no or laughed off. It’s extremely frustrating.

I agree, pal. Being involved with my own club it’s an eye opener how reliant clubs are on people voluntarily giving their time and money for clubs to survive, never mind thrive.

As of now anyone can buy tickets for matches. That’s fair enough in my opinion. Get as many as people as possible going to games. In my own experience I’d say the vast, vast majority of people who follow their county team(s) are also club members. Those that aren’t can get season tickets from Croke Park, it’s as fair a system as could be implemented imo.

1 Like

There was circa 18k at the Munster semi final v Tipp in 2013. 24k in Thurles
for the corresponding game in 2015
There was overy 50k in Thurles for the 1997 Munster semi between the same 2 teams.

That’s just a reflection of tv and it not being knockout anymore either.

Finance, finance, finance (or the lack thereof) - the bane of every executive club officer in the country.

Correct. But had we not won the AI last year, there’d be no more then 25k there next Sunday

is this match heading for sell out to say there is a discussion bit of panic about tickets