Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

This is what I’m told alright that the Munster league games are irrelevant. I was told too that if cork and limerick ended in a draw in Last years all Ireland semi final the replay would have been in Limerick. I’m not sure how true that it is.

I thought the replay was down to be on in Croke Park on the Bank Holiday Monday. I could be wrong though.

What I’m told is the cork/limerick home and away agreement would kick in. I’m not sure if Croke park could overrule.

Get over Sunday now lads. At the moment the footballers are closer to a Munster final than the hurlers.
Lot of hurling to be done.

2 Likes

I was merely just interested. All told when it’s come to winning the all Ireland finishing 3rd in Munster is probably the best spot.

PUC need the money

3rd would do just fine again.

2 Likes

Worked for us last year alright. But on paper it shouldn’t really make a difference.
Leaving out replays and assuming the provincial champions reach an AIF, they will play 7 games.
Provincial runners up and 3rd place will play 8.

They won’t be playing on paper. It’ll be interesting to see if anyone takes a leaf out of Limerick’s book last year and throws a late round game.

I wouldn’t agree mike. Munster final takes a hell out of a lot out of team. If you win Munster you have a long break to the semi final playing a team who won a q/f 2 weeks before hand. If you lose the Munster final your facing a team in the q/f more fresh. Celebrations/drowning the sorrows has it’s impact too.

2 Likes

Ya but third place have a Joe MacDonagh team for one of their 8. A lot easier. Coming in under the radar as well. A lot to be said for it

1 Like

That would mean losing to some cunts. Fuck that.

I’m giving them the poor mouth here mate. We’ll have our foot on their throats for long enough

That’s Choco’s job

2 Likes

Ah yeah. I’d accept that point

One thing Limerick will need is goals. I can’t see us out working and being fitter than the opposition like last year after the celebrations. We won’t have that same demented hunger either. We will need to start scoring goals and finishing teams early. I think our starting six forwards only scored 2 goals from play in the Munster championship last year. Both against Waterford. Cian got the goal v cork In the semi. We will need to be scoring 2 or 3 goals a game this year in my opinion to win. We have to take our chances.

A Limerick/Cork or Limerick/Tipp final would both be in the LITGG. This was agreed at the outset of last year’s championship.

1 Like

We managed to be fit enough to win the league, so I don’t see how we’ll have gone backwards since then mate.

The trend in hurling has been for fewer and fewer goals to be scored the last few years and anyway we managed to score 3 against Cork & 3 against Galway in the AI semi and final so I wouldn’t be too worried.

The league is an irrelevance in my opinion. Particularly now without the relegation. Our 3 goals in the final came from defensive turnovers inside the oppositions 45. These turnovers came from tackling hard. If we drop off a little 3 goals will become 1. We scored 3 v cork In the semi but two of those came in the second half of extra time. When cork were punch drunk. Waterford and Dublin were next behind limerick in having a good league and both have been hammered already this championship.

So we do score goals, just not in the way you’d like them?

3 Likes