Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

I’m getting more and more nervous

. Makings of a great game . Cmon Limerick.

Train from Cork is full pal. They are in bullish form … Could be fighting on and off the field.

1 Like

Peter Casey has been highly rated for a long time now but still hasn’t put in a full 70 minute performance to announce himself on the big stage. Hopefully today is that day.

Agreed. I feel he needs to justify his starting place over Flanagan with an 8/10 or better performance. In fairness he was great last year coming off the bench. You get the feeling this is his chance to show he deserves to be starting instead of an impact sub. He’s done enough to be given the chance but Kiely will be ruthless if he doesn’t perform on top of his game.

Limerick by 6+

Hopefully the rain holds off. Excitement building. Hon Limerick.

I’ve a feeling he will perform. I’m just worried cork have our number tactically.

If the Cork workrate is the same as last week it will not matter.

I also think Kiely wants a more natural score getter in what could be a high scoring encounter.

Cork had no tactics whatsoever last week, nevermind having anyone’s number. They’ll surely improve on that this week

Last week is an irrevlance. This game v limerick is generational for cork. Another loss today and that’s probably it for this cork team. We’ve been playing them since 2011 under 21 Munster final and have come out the better. I just think today is bigger for them than us. It’s quite possible they took their eye of the ball last week too. This game is huge for cork. I’m predicting a draw but it’s going to be very tight either way.

After 24 months of slating cork at every opportunity stick to your guns sham and dont mind the beal bocht

2 Likes

I’ll meet you for a can later.

Il be outside the lidl with a sombrero on

4 Likes

There’s been very little between the two teams over the past few seasons. I think it’ll be a very close game decided by one or two small breaks.

They’ve every road to the Gaelic grounds closed already chaps.

A burst water main on St Nessan’s Road has only added to the chaos.

I think Cork having played last week is a slight advantage, unless their confidence has taken a hit.

I couldn’t believe how poor their touch/short passing was last week, it’s normally immaculate, and they really depend on it. If it’s not improved, we will win.

If they are back to 2018 levels, they’ll certainly cause us problems. I’d still be fairly hopeful of the win at home, unless we have a particularly slow start and struggle to get to the pace of Championship hurling. But preparations are supposed to have gone fairly well, so I do think we’ll edge it.

It’s ripe for an ambush alright.