Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

A bit of a shit show from start to finish. Even when we went two points up at half time we were never fluent and motoring well.

Wiped out altogether in the second half. Easier to say who played well. Lynch, Mulcahy in patches and thought the full backline did ok considering the ball that was going in.

Of our middle 8 I think Lynch was the only one to play relatively well. Beaten up a stick in our half backline and half forward line.

We didn’t have a great day on the line either, Tom Morrissey lucky to last as long as he did but you could have hooked any amount of players today in all honesty. Huge fan of DOD but he had a bit of a ‘mare.

No complaints, beaten by the hungrier, better side.

On we go to Walsh Park. Probably knee jerk but I think our race is run and we won’t get out of Munster now.

1 Like

The issue now is Waterford want revenge for the League Final & they took fair shit for last weekend’s meek defeat by Clare.

A lot of Limerick fans seem to be saying on the Marty Squad that LK were beaten in Ennis last year & look what happened afterwards.
I thought LK threw that game lads?

Clare only scraped a one point win down there despite being miles better. It’ll be a fight to the death and even a win for either side may not be enough to get out of the group.

LK win & of course they stand a great chance.
Beating Clare at home very possible & ye love visiting Mordor.

The weather didn’t suit us today.

1 Like

On a day when the touch was off and the ball wasn’t sticking we didn’t need it greasy.

The touch went to complete shit

1 Like

The Marty Squad :smile:

The same fella who said that never held hurley in his life.

2 Likes

Was there any auld aggressive roar from the crowd when Limerick came out?

1 Like

No.
It was too cold to roar

Tame enough I thought. Got lively after the goal. Needed to push on then.

Fair play to Cork. By far the better team.

1 Like

Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity.

Says it all when Declan Dalton was tapping over points against us. We’re on 1 leg now and of all games the one agin Clare was the one I didn’t fancy.

1 Like

Congrats @backinatracksuit @gilgamboa @Corksfinedtboy @turenne Hungrier and better team on the day won. Enjoy.

For now.

3 Likes

Christ almighty

4 Likes

Some performance by Cork, but let’s not panic just yet. Off the pace definitely, but we aren’t going anywhere just yet. Will beat Waterford and Clare I think

Haven’t read anything else posted here about the match today but just a few thoughts:

• That to me was a game i was saying was a must win or the wheels will come off. Gun to my head i think we will do very well to make knock out stages now.
  • Lynch and Mulcahy are the only players really to emerge with credit for us. We were just lethargic everywhere and lacking sharpness.
  • In particular Richie English had a very poor game but i’m sure he will know that himself and generally i am a fan of his, he doesn’t put in many bad shifts. Mike Casey i thought was very poor too and shakey when high balls came in, he was flaffing at every high ball that came in and never looked like winning one, then our backs were slow to pick up the breaks. He was rusty which i suppose is understandable.
  • In the forwards Peter Casey was very disappointing. I questioned why he was starting over Flanagan and i think that’s that experiment over for now. He is an impact player off the bench. Whereas Flanagan is a guy better starting and then going off. He looked nervous when he came on as i suppose he was thinking people would look to him to save the day. O’Donovan had a poor game too.
  • Does anyone know what kind of injury Flanagan picked up and how serious it might be?
  • Our subs had no impact, but then i thought we were very slow on the line today to make changes.
  • Work rate and harrying was not what we are used to with this team. There has been rumours all over the county about this and that and it’s hard not to think now there is not something wrong in the camp.
  • They need to be a totally different proposition for the next three games or the year is over for us.

I went in to the minor match too. Cathal O’Neill was best for us and stands out at the level as having a bit of class and dash about him. Nice bit of size too. The No. 7 Colin Coughlan is a big man and had a good game too, he reminded me of the No. 7 for the Seniors Dan Morrissey. Adam English and Aidan O’Connor at No. 14 and 13 respectively chipped in with i think 0-04 each from play. I wonder is Aidan O’Connor a brother of Alan from Ballybrown? He certainly has that same kind of accuracy, wasn’t in the game much at all but popped up in the peripheries to score anything he hit really. Adam English was involved more in general play than just scoring and it was a good outing for him. Patrick Kirby, Gary’s son, had a good game too and you can see he has a good hurling brain. I was very disappointed in our centre back who gave the Cork No. 11 Darragh Flynn the whole of the Gaelic Grounds to do damage and he scored 1-10 I made it for Cork, 1-02 from play.

4 Likes

Limerick will never be as poor for the rest of the championship,long summer ahead for ye yet

Don’t think Aidan and Alan are brothers.

Aidan is Joe’s son afaik. Hit a few wides today too, but looked lively. English too.

I really liked Fergal O’Connor from Effin at 4. I know there are always people who said they’re only there because of a selector from the same parish, but O’Connor beat his man up a stick.

I really liked the work rate of our forwards though- Reale from Knockainey, O’Donovan from Effin, O’Neill and Hegarty all won turnovers at various stages.

Some silly mistakes at vital times kinda cost us the win though; still, a good performance.