Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Did you ever replace that guitar, mate?

Which one?

4 Likes

Limerick will be just fine. We’ll regroup and recover. I have 100% faith in our lads.

3 Likes

A bit of time in a ball alley would bring them on a ton. Tipping must be living at one

Before I get into the teeth of my critical analysis the one thing that really pissed me off yesterday was that Kieran Murphy reffing the game from the sideline. I was half tempted to go out onto the field and hit him a dunt of a shoulder at one point. He was in the linesmans ear for the whole game and was encouraging cork players to dive at least twice. At the end of the game he was buddy buddy with his linesman laughing and joking.

2 Likes

I hope yesterday puts to bed the notion about our bench being game changing. I don’t think subs made any difference at all. Flanagan looked like a fish out of water. Casey was the most deadly sub we had last year and hes starting now. I don’t understand why pat Ryan was dropped unless he’s injured. He’s a game changer too. The likes of David Dempsey are either starters or just not used. He’s never made a difference from the bench.

You can’t expect to win top level matches if you don’t work at least as hard as the opposition. We didn’t. Our energy levels were poor, made mistakes as a result and didn’t deserve anything.

Two weeks to get performance levels back up.

1 Like

This gave me thought to wonder as well.

It’s ridiculous. Dempsey and Reidy are never gonna change the game from the bench. We need Pat Ryan on the bench. It worked last year and look where that got us. Same with Flanagan being dropped, why fix what isn’t broken

I’m slow to be critical but I thought hegarty was a bit lost in the opening half. Seemed to be making runs for the sake of it.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

Its amusing to see @gilgamboa have some sort of mini implosion over the result of a Munster mini league game. An indication of how far cork hurling has fallen.

1 Like

They’re clearly still sore about last year’s semi

1 Like

Downey did very very well on GH

3 Likes

Your respect for cork now is a joy to see.

1 Like

I’ve very little respect for cork. When it comes to the big day they’ll wilt.

2 Likes

The reality is that Cork have our number … they should have closed out the semi last year and have beaten us well twice since. They’re well used to this style of play between facing Clare and us over the last few years … From a Limerick point of view, losing is one thing but being outworked is another. Better to learn that lesson very early… Hopefully it was a kick in the hole that a few players needed. Hayes and Tom M have been below last years standards so far this year. Gillane let Cadogan get to him and others were way off as well.

From the side-line i’d be asking for a plan B also… it was clear as day after 45/50 minutes it wasnt working yesterday and it needed changing up.

A great win for Cork who fought for everything for 70 odd minutes… Hopefully we learn and push on.

You’re probably right kid

Thankfully Waterford are as good as gone so that should be one to get back on track.

They still have a chance to go through… 2 wins could do it. They will fuck everything at Limerick.

3 Likes