Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

1. They were intimidated by the unexpected large crowd that showed up to watch them.
1 Like

Don’t think that Limerick will make many changes for Waterford game . Probably just one . John Kiely will stay loyal to his first fifteen .Hindsight is easy . But prob should have tried to bring some more new players into the panel earlier in the year.

It’s also fine margins. Limerick were so close to going 5 up when Nash spilled the ball. It’s cleared down the field and Horgan buries it. A six point swing

1 Like

Didn’t they lose to Cork? Surely they should have learned pucks from that?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be making too many knee jerk decisions at the moment. The team I’d go with is Quaid, Casey, Finn, English, WOD, Hannon, Byrnes, DOD, Lynch, Hayes, Casey, Hego, Gillane, Flanagan and Graeme. I think that team poses a lot more questions to the opposition than our current team. I’d like to see Casey play a linking role. Lynch is lethal to find anybody in space and Casey has that ability to drop off his man and score from 50 yards over his shoulder. At the moment our half forward line is fairly predictable and it’s a meet fire with fire type challenge. I really hope we try this.

Tom Morrissey can be such an important player with big big moments but christ he’d drive you insane with how slow he is

Drop Dan but keep Byrnes? I’d be interested in personal stats from the match, but I felt Byrnes was roasted in the second half.

He’s a better player and more important to the team as a whole. You can’t simply make some decisions on 20 minutes imo.

Confirmed, Flanagan out 4 - 6 weeks.

English looks to have picked up a knock as well and is a doubt.

Season could be over very early.

They went through last year without a significant injury, big test for the mythical panel

1 Like

Paul Browne missed the entire campaign. Mike Casey missed the first match. Declan Hannon had to be taken off against Cork in Pairc Ui Caoimh when we were down to 14 men. 2 of our full back line went off injured in the AI final. Finn went off injured against Clare early on as well.

But yeah, no significant ones

1 Like

At least that frees up the summer for other activities now. I can devote more time to one of my many hobbies…

Ye’ve won enough ye hungry shower of cunts.

3 Likes

Derek McGrath:

Once 48 minutes of Tipperary’s win over Cork had elapsed when Michael Breen made his way towards the sideline to be replaced by Willie Connors, Sheedy and the backroom boys knew the significance of what he had done and he was greeted by a hug full of sincerity and awareness.

Tracking Seamie Harnedy all day long, Breen allowed Padraic Maher to temporarily take up residence at the edge of the D. it was a structure unusually absent from Limerick’s set up on Sunday.

More hugs. We need more hugs.

2 Likes

Mike Casey didn’t miss the first game. He wasnt selected I thought. Nearly sure 14 of 15 all ireland starters played that first game. A former nap senior club player described the team as horse poo on Twitter after Casey and Dowling weren’t selected.

:smile:

Seamus Hickey played and had a stormer for Tipp

he was injured in the club final for Na Piarsaigh wasn’t he? Missed the league. He was on the bench and Hickey got cleaned.

The league was pretty much over by the time the club final was on. We maybe played two games post club all Ireland which none of the nap players involved in if my memory serves me right. Casey was a used sub v tipp and not injured like you suggested. We were lucky with injuries all told last season.