Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

We were but every successful team needs that luck. When did the last All-Ireland winning team have multiple injuries throughout the year?

you’re right. He wasn’t injured.

We were lucky with injuries but we did have some significant ones.

Very true. You get your luck and run with it. Small breaks often decide big games.

1 Like

Is that a joke? You honestly think Limerick has a lot of injuries last year?

2 Likes

Only niggles. Nothing too major but it wasn’t the same 15 for each game all year round. We had two games without Gillane as well down to suspension

The Hannon one was a funny one. I watched back that game last week and we actually being destroyed down dan morrisseys wing before Hannon went off. WOD came on and Dan went on to have a fine game from centre back. Overall I think Flanagan is a big loss if he is out which I’m not sure he actually is.

no. not a lot. but you said we had no significant ones. we had. Hannon going off against Cork, finn going off against Clare, Browne doing his cruciate. 2 of the full back line going off against Galway.

Waterford were the only team to have a lot of injuries last year.

Possibly Galway in the final as well.

1 Like

He’s after listing a load of subs who got injured :joy:

5 Likes

I’m sure if lapsed poster @caoimhoin was here he’d tell us there’s no luck involved with injuries and it actually points to how brilliant our s n c prepared the team last season.

finishers mate.

Seamus Hickey “twinged” his hamstring when he was replaced vs Tipp too.

2 Likes

I had a mental breakdown after we lost to Clare if that counts?

3 Likes

I have faith we can pull this out of the bag. We have the rest of them where we want them now. Hon Limerick!!

1 Like

Hickey came off with a very serious hamstring injury

I think lads are forgetting about Hickey’s injury against Tipp last year.

Sure wasn’t Hickey getting beat up a stick before he went off?

No fear of them. This team is made of really good stuff, we can’t forget about how they coped last year when shit hit the fan

Cork are only after poking us.

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My9I8q-iJCI

He fell off the stick and torn his hamstring