Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

this is the one for me… what more can the man do like

Jesus Fucking Christ on a bike

WOD has appeared in 2 club AI finals - winning one. He was part of the senior inter county AI winning team from 2018.

He wouldn’t be a proven top level guy like Robbie O’Flynn or Tim O’Mahony anyway

Boom! :rofl:

1-5 of that came v Carlow. So that’s 4-11. I’d say Dowling was the bulk supplier here. He is a very good sub. No doubts and peter Casey assisted a lot of those scores. Who isn’t on the bench anymore. I don’t think any of Limericks bench is proven at inter county level bar Dowling. Condon yes but on all evidence he’s past his peak now and on the down grade. Anybody that thinks limericks bench is the best in country is deluded. We’ve 2 or 3 options when everybody is fit and a lot of potential but that’s it.

Ah yeah but he’s hit and miss. You’ll notice faint praise he tries to hand out that X or y player is better as a sub too. It’s nothing but agenda with this lad, you can take nothing he’ll say at face value and he’ll move the goalposts to suit his agenda.

If Hannon was from na piarsaigh this fool would have him hung drawn and quartered.

1 Like

Club games don’t make you a proven inter county hurler. Wod is 25 now and has played very little championship games for various reasons. He is not a proven intercounty hurler. He could well become one but he’s fairly inexperienced and unexposed at this level.

No - but success breeds a certain mentality.

Dowling is very hit miss. He tends to be either excellent or awful. There’s no agenda. He’s a much better sub. It’s my opinion. I think Flanagan is a really good starter. Not such a good sub. I’d have pat ryan ahead of him. Different roles suit different players. You have a blue eyed agenda. Loads of nap players on the panel so limerick have the best panel. You called for the team to be dismantled after the clare game, you have been whinging about the timing of subs for a year now and now it’s back to starting loads of nap -\players. You have a huge agenda and that’s argue every nap player on the panel should start and if that happens you’ll be happy.

what is the criteria for “proven intercounty hurler”?

Going down to Cork and walking all over the cunts.

I’ll be castigated but Hannon needs to be back in the forwards. He’d be worth 3-5 points no bother

I could be wrong but I’d say 8 of our 11 subs haven’t started more than 5 championship games. Bar Dowling, condon and Flanagan very little starts. Dempsey has a few.

Morrissey to 6.

Without Casey and Ryan we don’t have too many impact players. Murphy possibly and Ryan should be back with Dempsey gone. Boylan would be in my opinion a better starter than a sub I think.

Dowling in goals, Quaid centre back, Hannon centre forward

1 Like

Will ye shake hands lads?

Will ye shake hands?

5 Likes

Wod has only 6 championship sub appearances to his name for limerick as far as I can recall. I Think he’s a lot of potential and impressed when given the chance but I wouldn’t call him a proven inter-county player.

I disagree with the lads opinion. If they think our bench is the best in the country fair enough but besides snide remarks they haven’t really argued the case too well. The likes of @glasagusban and @anon78624367 always try make it personal. Your a dick if you don’t agree with them or you’ve an agenda. It’s a simple opinion. I think limerick have players starting out of form and there’s hardly a raft of lads on the subs sticking their hands up for selection. I wish I was wrong. I think from 1-9 we are particularly weak at the moment. POL and WOM are very inexperienced but have loads of time. Was Barry Nash another halfback sub? Either way I’d much rather the strongest 15 in Ireland than a good bench. That’s what limerick need to focus. Getting the best 15 on the pitch and getting the best out of them. Let the subs look after themselves then.

1 Like

no mate, it’s the way you disagree. You’re a very unlikeable, arrogant e-chap at times.