Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Not at all. Last year is last year. Our bench was not as strong as corks the last day and it’ll only be weaker from now on too with the injuries.

Did Dempsey and boylan make any impact of the bench last year ???

1 Like

Was Boylan on the bench last year?

Don’t be a dick all your life

1 Like

He’s contradicting himself as usual. Last year WOD was a great wing back and now he’s only an unproven midfielder. Lads who played loads of the league forgotten. We have only two subs in the forwards no apparently? Christ above.

Please highlight where Conor boylan who wasn’t even on the squad last year made an impact off the bench last year?

How many championship games has WOD started? He’s a good option but that doesn’t make limericks bench the best bench in the country.

Last year or in the league this year then. They’ve made an impact for Limerick…

as I said, you don’t always have to be a dick, kid

First of all what you said was wrong and secondly just because somebody disagrees with you doesn’t make them a dick. I’ve said for 18 months are bench isn’t as strong as people think. P Casey and Dowling were the only two to consistently make an impact last year. We are light on back options and a lot of our subs bar Dowling are unproven. That doesn’t mean they won’t prove to be good players but at the moment you can’t really say they are. I think our bench is fairly unbalanced too. Cork had cadogan, Kingston, cahalane, Robbie o Flynn, tim o Mahony, McDonnell and Joyce who are in my opinion a very decent bench. Dalton also came on and scored two points. I think people overrate limericks bench based on the cork game last year.

1 Like

And just remember lads @glasagusban has been looking for this team to be ripped up since the clare defeat. He seems to be a fella that panics after a defeat. Thankfully kiely doesn’t. Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Cork’s bench is now better than Limerick’s after one game, apparently.

Don’t read too much into one game mate.

I was being facetious mate. According to apples, cork now have a stronger panel than limerick.

Might have something to do with us winning the All Ireland too

So was I mate

1 Like

Last year replacements contributed 5-16 to their cumulative scoring effort in eight games compared to Galway’s 1-12 in nine game

5-16 off the bench in 8 games is spectacular.

1 Like

WOD can’t play half back though

winning an AI and a league = unproven

It depends. If you wanted him to start midfield apples would say he’s only a wing back, but if you suggested he start wing back apples would say he’s only a midfield. He’s unproven too. You couldn’t start lads that are unproven. Except last year when we won the all ireland maybe.

2 Likes

I said bench. Very different and something someone with a small brain like you can’t get your head around. Per example peter Casey, Dowling and pat Ryan were our three impact subs last year. Two of them were not on the bench v cork. Our bench is totally different to last year in reality with these changes. I think David Dempsey would be a better start than pat Ryan but Ryan a vastly superior sub to bring. This could be the case with p Casey too. That’s he’s a much better sub. I hope not. I think corks bench was very strong v Limerick with a mix of youth and experience. Obviously injuries play a part but I would much rather the best starting 15 in Ireland than the strongest bench. The strongest bench in Ireland is Bolox. Bar WOD and Henley who is unproven I’d be very uneasy about anybody else from 1-9 starting. Dowling is a solid inter county player but a better sub imo. He is a great option To have. We’ve loads of young talent in the forwards on the panel but they are unproven. The notion limerick have the strongest panel is simply wrong in my opinion. It would suit your blue eyed narrative but it’s my opinion.