Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Great to have the Na Piarsaigh man starting again.

Well done Gordon Browne.

6 Likes

Kick up the backside for the 2 dropped.
Haven’t seen enough of WOD at midfield to know what to think yet. Will miss DODs sideline expertise.

Great to have another balbec man as well. Hard luck on Byrnes though.

No sign of brick on the blaa side . Big Maurice back though

I’ve been quite critical of Byrnes up to last year, where I thought he improved his decision making no end. I don’t think he’s undroppable or anything but if I was making a change in the hb line, it would have been Morrissey.
Surprised both Morrisseys survived actually. Was sure one of the them would be hooked. We don’t see training I suppose. In Kiely we trust

We’ll bate that team handy

Byrnes is too offensively minded to overtake Morrissey imo. He was taken to the cleaners against Cork.
Fair enough call.

Byrnes will be missed on the long range frees with Dowling on the bench as well

No shit Sherlock?

I can see WOD having a huge game here, amd keeping his place in the side long enough to achieve the coveted “Proven IC Player” status

1 Like

I wonder .

WOD is a better half back imo. I’d be surprised if this team starts. Don’t get the full forward line at all.

I was at that match. We should have won it. Reidy missed a late 45 to level it I think. Quane was immense the same evening.

2 Likes

I think that was the last year of straight knock out football championship . The following year we lost to Kerry in Killarney and then to Westmeath in GG at the qualifiers .

2 Likes

Look we were in the same boat v Limerick hurlers,no one really gave us much hope,as long as it’s a good game, Munster football needs it

Yerra auld Kiely has lost the plot. Time to start looking at a few holidays for the summer.

You can push ahead with Ballyheigue

11 Likes

What a statement from the city boys, took the piss out of the shit eaters and then went out and walked all over them