Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

I’d still have Seamus Flanagan in ahead of him as a starter.

The Dow is a legend, he can blast em anyway he wants

1 Like

DJ was at it near the end of his career, before Henry took over.

Paul Codd did it every time too

But this is exactly the point he gives the umpires a chance to fool around.

Shane Dieling needs to be fucked off the Limerick panel for hitting the ball too high not taking into account how thick your average inter county umpire is :laughing:

1 Like

It is apparent who the fool is. Go sober up.

1 Like

Can you explain why he does this ? It makes no sense. He got his wake up call in Ennis last year to cut this nonsense out. He’s one the best free takers about but badly needs to cut it out or it will prove costly some day. You can almost tell it will go horribly wrong for him. It’s like Chris Ashtons dive for a try or something. It’s just so obvious it’ll happen.

Your bitter and personal obsession with Dowling is weird. You take every opportunity or non-opportunity to run him down. It’s pathetic at the best of times but criticising him because an umpire got a call wrong shows how hard you are stretching to run him down. You’ve been given a list of great players that have done the same. And many of the top freetakers in the game miss more frees than Dowling does. You’re making a fool of yourself. No doubt you’re sickened that O’Donoghue got a run at midfield too. You really are a little creep.

6 Likes

Dowling is one of the best free takers in the county. Probably the best from long distance too but this needs to be cut out. I’ve no personal agenda at. It’s plain to see it’s going to prove costly. He already got caught out in Ennis. Needs to be cut out. I don’t see the point of it at all. I think wod had a good game. I don’t think he’s better dod on best form but the caveat is he hasn’t been given as many chances as dod too. I do believe he’s a better half back . I would start him there.

Anytime Apple makes a post you come meandering on after him whinging about what he’s said. You’re way too precious and I suggest that is is you who has an obsession, an obsession with Apple.

Apples and Oranges and grapes.

2 Likes

And green bananas

It’s my one gripe against Dowling. As young fellas we were taught (particularly against the wind) to drill them low and straight.

He thinks when somebody criticises his buddy it’s personal it isn’t. It’s a small point but something very easily sorted. Dowling is a brilliant player no doubt when played in the right role imo.

Sorry mike you’ve a personal agenda and you are a creep for pointing out the very obvious. His free taking is brilliant but he does this every so often. I don’t no why but it will prove costly no doubt.

That is as reasonable a post you’ll find anywhere. Well said. Still I suppose glas will see it as a personal attack on him and the Dowling family.

Mike is no creep mate.

He didn’t say I was. Read the post again

1 Like

I don’t see why him ballooning it into the stratosphere is necessarily going to make an umpire who is unsure if it’s over to instead wave it wide? Surely if anything the muddling doubt will lead to the umpire raising the white flag if he’s in any doubt? He will know in his subconscious that Dowling is an expert free taker and 95 times out of 100 he will score an easy free. It is more risky to wave it wide than to put up the white flag if it is in doubt. Can you imagine the uproar if they are poring over the replays on the Sunday game and they show it did indeed go over, but the umpire from Ballyhubbert waved it wide and Limerick lost by one point?

1 Like