Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

I beg your pardon Apple.

Its obviously easier to see if a ball is inside the post when the posts are there

A fella won’t change the habits of a lifetime, that’s how he takes the close in frees, this is a pathetic attempt to whinge at anything

So if it goes higher than the posts and the linesman can’t see it as his spectacles aren’t good enough, and Shane Dowling was the free taker, he is likely to wave it wide do you think if in doubt?

He is less likely to know for sure if it was over or not the higher it goes

You didn’t answer the question

Your question is irrelevant. I don’t know the answer. I never mentioned Shane Dowling

There’s no cameras that’ll pick it up once it goes above the posts. Unless they’ve one directly behind the goals which is unusual. It’s a small gripe but I find it very unusual. Dowling is an expert free taker but breaks from his usual strike to do it. I’d always compare free takers to goal kicks in rugby or American football or even a golf swing. It’s usually consistency that’s the key to success. I find it quite interesting being honest as I don’t see the reason for it particularly after wake up call in Ennis last year.

Checked online yesterday today and just checked in centra today, no stand tickets available for match on Sunday. Will they come back on line do any of you know or are they sold out? Have the season ticket but I need 5 more for Sunday and the bring a friend option isn’t available, apparently had to be booked at start of May

What % has he missed in his career?

No idea but he’d one of the best. I can’t ever really remmeber him having a bad day even.

The Dows weakness if he has one is close to the right hand sideline. He hurls right hand on top but strikes off his left putting a natural fade on the sliotar. But even of late these have been going over. No fade.

1 Like

Pretty difficult to understand how Dowling’s free taking technique could genuinely be under scrutiny, particulary after yesterday. There’s nothing wrong with having a different technique for close in frees.

His record speaks for itself.

2 Likes

As a general point all limerick players need to improve on the weaknesses individually and collectively. John mullane developing a second side is a good example. You have to continually try and improve the whole time.

I wouldn’t question his technique in general. More why he makes this break from his standard strike to baloon the ball very high for no apparent reason. It’s simply odd. He doesnt do it all the time. I hadnt seen him do it since ennis. Usually the close range technique would be the same to the one going for a goal but it isn’t. I wondered is this technique designed to catch defenders out on the line possibly but I’m not so sure.

It’s probably an in joke at Leo OConners expense

1 Like

I doubt it.

So I would reckon that he knows better what works for him than you.

1 Like

You should always strive to improve. Even it’s 99.1 to 99.2. It’s the small things that add up and make the difference.

It cant be stated enough how poor Waterford were last week — they just stopped playing after 30 minutes… We still managed to cough up some very poor scores but over doing short passing in the middle of the field. Clare will murder us here if we persist with that carry- on. We also dont have an answer to John Conlon still.

The same bite just isnt there this year - cant blame the players after last year really… I expect a hurt Clare to come out and edge a dour affair.

1 Like