Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Castletown played our lot in county league a few weeks back. They were very sharp and gave our misfortunates a right trimming.

Our lot played Hospital intermediates after that and lost by a couple of points, albeit they did have a couple of decent players back who had not played Castletown

We’d a weak enough team out and it was a lot of lads first time handling a hurley since last year basically, but they tore us to shreds. Good physical team, everyone knew their job, simple but effective game plan and their touch looked sharp. Think they are limited enough outside of their few core players though. I’d imagine Kilmallock will bate them well this weekend. Be interesting to see how they go when they’ve a load of West Limerick Mountaineers breaking hurley’s off them.

Hospital struggling in division 5 and yet they won their first championship game. That intermediate is full of dross. They need to make it a division of 8 same as the premier.

Drom were very poor that day and nearly nabbed a win at the end.

Ye need to come back down junior where ye belong

It’s back :ronnyroar: :ronnyroar: :ronnyroar:

West Junior A Hurling Championship - God’s Championship.

Thursday.

Rathkeale v Monagea in Quaid Park, Feohanagh, at 7:30p.m.

Friday.

Templeglantine v Croagh Kilfinny in Newcastle West at 7:30p.m.

Adare v St. Kieran’s in Knockaderry at 7:45p.m.

Saturday

Castletown Ballygran v Kilmallock in Feenagh at 5:00p.m.

Staker Wallace v Killeedy in Feenagh at 7:30p.m.

That’s a tantalizing double header in Feenagh that really whets the appetite for all hurling hipsters.

There’ll be traffic carnage as the Southies try to figure out where in the fuck Feenagh is

Kilmallock will walk this.

Group 1
Adare
Askeaton
Castletown/Ballyagran
Feenagh/Kilmeedy
Kilmallock
St. Kieran’s

Group 2
Croagh/Kilfinny
Killeedy
Monagea
Rathkeale
Staker Wallace
Templeglantine

Two good tough groups. It’s always hard to read too much into league form with junior teams, shur didn’t Adare win the West League last year and weren’t worth a fuck come Championship?

Do we know who Kilmallock have burned with senior, or more importantly, who they have left? Liam Walsh is flying with Blackrock anyway; I think Benny Burke & Phelim O’Reilly are both gone. Woulfe might be there? Conor Staunton, maybe Anthony Barrett, Eoin Ryan.

It’s a different challenge for them but they should get out of the group. I wouldn’t have Feenagh/Kilmeedy as certs but they are a decent side when they have everybody. Ballyagran are handy too… Askeaton probably depend on Willie. Hard to see a major improvement in Kieran’s or Adare.

We played Croagh/Kilfinny earlier in the year and they are handy, I fancy them to go through with Killeedy (who should be outright favourites). The Stakers might be the weakest of the South 3 and played shit in their league but on their day, they are a real handful. I think Monagea will be better than last year too, although Templeglantine will fancy their chances of sneaking through. Every single team will fancy their chances of qualifying here though.

Both groups are Groups of Death.

Yeah but the Westies will see natural hurlers for the first time so its a win- win.

1 Like

We will see what they can do in a pressurized environment .

If by pressurised you mean converted bogs on the side of mountains yeah probably.

That’s the Desmond league

Tipp were far from out of it when they played Clare last year. If they won. If they had won they’d have qualified

Ah the quote of the week from over on the farmyard has to be this comment
“On the way home from work today I passed through Borris-Ileigh and stopped off at the shop. Brendan Maher was in picking up a few messages on the way into training. As he was rummaging for change, poor Tony Kelly fell out of his pocket.”

What’s a Feenagh?

Benny and Reilly have played Senior Champ already.

Yeah, I’m sure we’ll shit ourselves against a few woollybacks.

Killeedy and Kilmallock will be in the semi-finals you’d imagine anyway.

Very little between the other 10 teams.