Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Which farmyard?

That Kilmallock Junior team will wallop the fuck out of everyone in the West Junior A Hurling Championship provided they don’t lose too many to their Seniors. Sooner they fuck off up Intermediate the better for everyone else.

Tour made absolute shit of them last year.

Tour made absolute shit of a Kilmallock Junior team last year. They wouldn’t beat the current Kilmallock side that has been lining out in the County League and South League. With an actual structured and competitive championship there to compete for, Kilmallock will thrive. Last year they had lost a good few to the Seniors by the time they played Tour. Bar a barrage of injuries to their senior team they’ll win the County Junior A Hurling Championship this year, you can take that to the bank. Very strong presently.

I’m not doubting you but who do they have that they had lost by that time last year?

We played them in the league last year, and they were very poor that day, a lot worse than they had been 12 months previously.

It took them 3 games to bate the mushes 18 months ago , they will now meet thunder ,

I’m told they currently have 4 or 5 lads who are inside with the Limerick u20s, none of whom have played Senior yet and good chance they may not play senior this year. That’s ridiculously strong at Junior A level, no other team will be able to match that if they keep those players at Junior A added to what they already have

2 Likes

Fair enough, I kinda forgot they had a few strong fellas about that age. If they are good though, it is possible that they could be burned.

Last years U21 county winners for example.

Most of the big names would have played senior though- POL, OOR, POR, Houlihan, O’Connor, maybe McCarthy.

1 Like

Wolfe & Barrett will be there. Don’t think COC got a run with the seniors yet. Hard to break in there.

Really? He started almost every game last year.

Thing is I actually watched both of Kilmallock’s Championship games, normally I’m quite good at remembering who played but I’m struggling for some reason.

I watched them on the youtube channel. He definitely did not start, don’t think he got a run yet.

Liam English, Gearóid Barry, David Woulfe, Barret, Ciarán O’Connor…thats one third of your junior team there off the top of my head. There isn’t too many junior A teams with young talented players like those lads. Throw in Eoin Ryan, Paudie O’Dwyer and Kevin O’Mahoney as the wise heads and your up on 8 lads that have all hurled with Limerick at some level, 2 of them at Senior ffs. Throw in Staunton then… thats a fine Junior side

How many of those are gone to America for the summer ???

There wasn’t any of them gone up to two weeks ago anyway!

They’d only be heading off in the last ten days or so.

https://crokepark-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/r/personal/ruairi_harvey_gaa_ie/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?guestaccesstoken=Gc2myfwceMcTJO0Sm78dGMt4Up6MH9VlzlUxxsMV%2Fgk%3D&docid=04bc452cba06b4bfea0d1ed80a2b5fac6&action=default

The listing for inter county treansfers incl USA will appear here. if they are going to the States the transfers have to be in by 1 July.