Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Silly talk. It was lads likes Niall Moran above in Ard Scoil who instilled passion into that young squad and feeding your club. Multi faceted evolvement has brought Limerick where they are today. Don’t lose the run of yourself.

1 Like

The Clare lads worrying about the Limerick subs now.

Why would I worry about a chap who has consistently never done it against Clare?

Jamie Shanahan once outscored him when marking him in a munster 21s match a few years back, 2014 I think. He hit two or three points from play from wing back while Dow did fuck all

Jesus Christ this is great stuff!

Good man yourself @Big_Dan_Campbell!

:clap:

he got two.

The Dow got 8.

From play?

8 frees.

Was the Dow fouled for any of them I wonder?

Think the last time he scored from play in championship v Clare was 2011 in an under 21 game. I’m not positive on that though. Dowling should be bulling for road on Sunday.

I doubt he, he barely pucked a ball from play that night

that was the night Byrnes was sent off.

I think that 21 game is the only time he scored v Clare from play in championship. I’d say he might have played them the once in minor. Remember he scored 21 yard free. Don’t think he scored from play.

He was very poor that night — I just meant in general.

That was the worst I’d seen him play for limerick. It was a few days after he buried tipp in the senior If I remember correctly.

In general no, he has been pretty shit against Clare. Bugler, Dillon or Pat O’Connor always seemed to have his number.

Only memorable thing I ever remember him doing was missing an easy goal chance early in the 2016 encounter.

Flanagan is back. I wonder will he be risked.

Are you confident Mick?

Who knows. I think Clare will give a big performance and be well up for it but I think we have too many frailties to win a Munster let alone an All Ireland.

The depth isn’t in the panel unfortunately, plenty of young talent but they are a couple of years off making a big impact. Five lads who played v Galway last year not being available has affected depth and I don’t think we have the lads to mix it up and change the side.

Ideal set of results from here is limerick beat Clare, cork beat Waterford, limerick draw with tipp and Clare beat cork. It would be hilarious if cork get dumped out.

1 Like

Would it not be more ideal if we beat Tipp?