Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

TEG Cusack Park is a nice little ground. One worth ticking off the list.

Ah here, its a horrible place to play, that fucking Dunnes Stores would drive you demented

Is it their prices or the poor selection of craft beers that annoys you the most?

The horrible backdrop behind the goal really.

It’s as wide as it is long.

I’ve never met or heard a single person with anything good to say about it. This will almost ruin my day.

@Batigol, you’re going to have to think long and hard about this one. I’ve ruined @myboyblue’s day here by just mentioning Cusack Park. You also have to factor in that you will be watching Limerick play Gaelic Football. Your entire Saturday evening is hanging in the balance here.

Almost. Almost

I’ll take a period of introspection before making a final decision

1 Like

Westmeaths under 20 team would beat limerick.

Fuck off you Cark cunt

I have always wondered why do non Corkonians always use the term “cark” ? Clearly not because of the rebel pronunciation because it sounds nothing like that

I might tip into this Westmeath should have too much for us Canton Caseys a good spot in the Market Square for a pre match pint of the weather holds

Better spot be at home infront of the telly watching the highlights.

Always wondered that myself too. Was a real AFR thing. Klare. Waxford. Cark. Waherfurd. I’m not sure is it supposed to be derogatory or what?

1 Like

Chipp, The Shams, banjo boys, Strawberry pickers, Duds were the most common ones there.

no, they are nicknames as opposed to changing the spelling on the county name (other than Chipp?). I just dont get it. Should it upset people to have their county called Klare instead of Clare?

Just lads trying to be smart. You get a lot of that on here, don’t you know…

As an aside, that is actually how Waterford people pronounce Waterford.

Well Waherfurd is the way they say it.

I’ve never seen anyone say Waxford. I think you are just desperately trying to be relevant.

Desperate sure…