Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Billy Lee the football manager seems like a thoroughly alright sort. Difficult time for Limerick football but he’s done a good overall in my opinion.

2 Likes

They’re decent and will be the strongest in the City again but you’d have to imagine that again when they come up against a stronger club’s first team, they probably won’t have enough.

Crecora beat Old Christians yesterday. Even at this stage, it’s hard not to see those 3 making the semis, with maybe Ballybrown as the 4th.

I see Ballyagran thumped Feenagh/Kilmeedy too, laying down an early marker. Kilmallock off the mark with a walkover against Adare.

On a side note, what’s the standard of Junior B football like in Limerick these days?

@TreatyStones @dodgy_keeper

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: post of the year

Castletown Ballyagran thriving back home in their natural habitat, the West Limerick Junior Hurling Championship

Varies wildly on any given night.
The fact you have a few first teams ( G/B & Knockaderry ) can skew things. On the nights they have full teams they are very hard to beat. Rathkeale are consistently solid and Adare had a decent young side last year too.

Once you go out of the west it seems to be mostly first teams so it gets more difficult again.

So turning up with a load of fellas who haven’t played in years is probably a recipe for disaster?

Absolutely not.
Reference my post from a couple of months ago on our draw with Athea.

Also we played Athea in the last championship group game last year. The boys from the west board were on the gate charging a fiver in. By the time throw arrived it became obvious Athea had no team. They started with 12 and the boys from the board took off with their haul (probably about €50).

:smile:

We lost the county junior B football final last year to Drom by a point.

Number of training sessions held in the year - 0.

No wonder ye fucking lost.

1 Like

Yeah but they would have to go Junior A if they won so better off losing.

1 Like

And who had a cup to drink out of that night? Who? Who?!

If you needed a cup to take a drink ye would be tee-teetotalers in Laois.

Shur that makes no sense, we’re talking about a club championship. Whats wrong with you?

1 Like

I’m good kid how are you?
Junior B football in Limerick. There must be something wrong with me to be internetting about it.

Hidden replies all over the place in the Limerick thread again :rollseyes:

Its that sort of day.

I’m not gonna lie, this won’t exactly keep me out of the place.

I had a drink out of it that night I think :rofl:

1 Like