Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

If they get over KK I think they’ll do it alright.

They badly need it.

The draw has opened up for them. It’s there for them.

Cork v Tipp final, it’s what the traditionalists want.

They’ll need a sympathetic ref against kk to get over that one. The rebels dont like it up em

Are you down Wednesday kid?

I’ll meet you in The Silver Key/Quay, pal.

1 Like

You’re not down here long if you think any Cork man sees ever sees himself as an also ran

I appreciate your honesty here but I’d have expected a bit f confidence in your own lads after yesterday, the hidings Cork gave ye this year have cut deep :man_shrugging:

Cork are Cork.

Once they show their Corkness every team finds it difficult to live with them.

We are on the gusp of something very special here. We still have plenty to work on though. I was critical of gillanes finish v Clare as he went high and again yesterday he goes high and it blasts over the bar. Casey slipped his man at one point and was in 20 yards of space and was crying for the ball but Graeme mulchahy was fustering around and the chance went. Hegos chance while again a good save that ball needed to be along the ground and there’s no way the keeper saves. On a personal note I’m delighted for Peter Casey to final deliver from the off. His flick for Kyle’s goal wont be mentioned but he’s lethal at it. He done this numerous times last year. I thought sean Finn gave one of the great corner back displays. He’s absolutely quality. Loads to work on and all ireland semi final to look forward to.

2 Likes

Biggest ever total we’ve hit against Tipp in the championship apparently. And after hitting a rake of wides and spurning another four goal chances.

Cian Lynch bursting through early on and going high. Needed to be drilled low and hard.

The one Gillane put over in the first half - he had to go low or even pass it off to the unmarked Peter Casey.

Hegarty really should have finished that one too even if Hogan made a fine save.

Kyle should have stuck that one in the second half also, although again Hogan did well.

That’s six goal chances we created. Probably more than in all the previous four games combined. A positive that we finally were creating those openings.

Good to see Barry Nash get a run. Kiely has a lovely meticulous policy of giving lads game time here and there just when they might start to become despondent etc

We’ve played a lot of hurling already this year. I actually think the four week gap will suit us. Rest up this week and three weeks to prepare then.

Delighted for the minor lads. If we get even a fraction of the players out of this group as we did with the 2013/14 crew we’ll be doing well. Few nice prospects on that team.

4 Likes

Great to see a Laoisman there guiding them through.

2 Likes

Is there a more one sided inter county hurler than Will O’Donoghue? At one stage he was completely free but had to turn in to three Tipp men and try to break the tackle to get onto his good side and ended up turning it over.
He’s very effective though and gets through a pile of work, I’d say 90% of his passes are hand passes.

2 Likes

He needs to work on his hurling a lot. I think he could struggle against a side like cork. He’s some unit and adds a serious presence at midfield. Tom Morrissey is slowly finding a form again.

Is the cup coming to adare tonight? The session in ballingarry 2013 was legendary.

The truth is Tipp played right into our hands yesterday … not taking away from work rate and effort from the players but we wont have it that easy again - Not in Croker.

Maher & Barrett were huge losses for them as well. Barrett back and Maher back out half back gives them a much stronger back line

2 Likes

Kiely said in an interview yesterday that we’ve 3 weeks to focus now on a semi. I was sitting there hoping he hadn’t miscalculated the gap.

My main concern for the next day will be the 4 week gap against a team like Cork

In his head he was probably thinking that the team will be given the week off and go at it from next weekend.

1 Like

Very much like Davy’s thinking. Davy’s influence goes throughout hurling at this stage.

Brendan Maher was outstanding at corner back though. Handled Gillane exceptionally well. I would be inclined to keep himself and Barrett in the corners.

2 Likes