Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

cc @carryharry

2 Likes

Adrian Mullan

Walter Walsh

To be fair to Wally he hits just as badly off both sides cackhandedly

It was an abomination. If it was in a clip from a Joe McDonagh game there’d be lads falling over themselves watching it. The whole Town End Terrace could see exactly what was going to happen about 10 seconds before it happened and were roaring for someone to mark Callanan. At that stage I feared we were going to be in for a long, long afternoon. Luckily it seemed to wake us up.

He has showed ferocious progression since I say him play football 5 or so years ago . He looked gangly and cumbersome. He is some presence now . A very limited stickman but he really fits the template . He will be hard dislodge .

Saw him first in the 2013 county final never would I have thought he’d be anywhere near IC level but Jesus his engine and physicality is off the charts. We lose DODs distribution and point scoring but the aggression he brings creates plenty of opportunities for the others to wreak havoc. Daly referred to him as a human wrecking ball on his podcast earlier.

We will need to maximize our scoring potential if it is cork in the semi final. DOD will still have a big part to play.

Will cathal o Neill transfer to the well next year?

I don’t think so. At this stage it probably makes no difference.

Is he living in the parish ?

St Mary’s park?

3 Likes

Cathal O Neill possibly the best minor prospect we’ve seen since ______? Unbelievable talent, he has it all. His strength for a 17 year old along with the skill level is insane

You’d think junior club hurling would be a drawback though.

That’s the rumour

I will make a statement here . Young Reale from the all blacks will be the best senior hurler of this bunch .

1 Like

Players are with their clubs so little nowadays he’s already beaten the system. It literally makes no difference. Sure how many trainings have the senior squad done with their clubs? Between fitzgibbon cup and the under 20s he’ll be constantly playing a high standard.

Had a blinder yesterday.

1 Like

I was looking for a report on a club game and ended up on the hogan stand for the first time in years. Thank fuck @rocko moved away from pagination.

Limerick on the law of averages will be knocked out early some years. Junior club hurling to keep him occupied. I hope he doesn’t move anyway.