Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

I believe the exchange was with mice

Looking forward to a tremendous hurling game on Saturday between the World Champion Limerick hurlers and a rejuvenated Kilkenny hurling team.

It’s going to be great.

Is there a special return train to Connolly on Saturday?
I haven’t heard or seen anything mentioned.
The finish is a bit late for standard train.
Extra time if necessary…

Plan on watching a recording as the match is on Saturday?

1 Like

2110 out of Heuston has been added.

Both the 21:00 and 21:10 are sold out old at any rate.

I still reckon it would be tight to get back by Luas. The last time I tried, can’t remember the match, but a big enough one, the Luas out of Connolly was suspended after the match and the Luas didn’t stop at the stops further down the line. This was to avoid overcrowding.

Bit of a shambles really I thought, but understandable. Those trains aren’t an option really with extra time a posibility.

Tonight - Senior Football
NCW v Galbally
St Kierans v Drom

You’d have to be expecting wins for both NCW & Kierans based on early season form. However I think Drom might put up a better than expected performance, as their results in the league recently have been decent.

The 13/8 available initially peaked my interest but I have been told to swerve :upside_down_face:

Tomorrow Night

Ballysteen v Adare
Monaleen v Senans

Two interesting match ups. The bookies have Adare and Monaleen as short priced favourites but I reckon both games have the potential to go either way.

When the head to heads come into play at the end of the group these could be seen as two decisive games, particularly for Monaleen and Senans.

It’s been almost 4 months but there is no real Championship feel about this weekend, maybe the shadow of the All-Ireland semi-final hangs over this but this is a critical round for teams.

Senior Football Championship Group 1
Friday July 26
Adare vs Ballysteen @7.15pm in the Bog Garden
Monaleen vs St. Senan’s @7.15pm in Ballybrown

Sunday July 28
Ballylanders vs Fr. Casey’s @7.15pm in Feenagh

Senior Football Championship Group 2
Thursday July 25
Drom/Broadford vs St. Kieran’s @7.15pm in Newcastlewest
Galbally vs Newcastlewest @7.15pm in Kilmallock

Tuesday July 30
Na Piarsaigh vs Oola @7.15pm in Caherconlish

It can be hard to judge these matches after the break, some teams will be down players away on J1s and travelling for the summer, then there is the availability of county hurlers with the county board’s accommodation being moving it to the Tuesday- a lot will depend on whether Limerick win or lose.

I had been hoping to go to the Adare vs Ballysteen, as it could be the game of the Championship, the two in-form teams before the break, both doing decent scoring. Both sides have had a dodgy result or two in the league recently. I’m going to give Ballysteen the edge in this one.

Monaleen and Senan’s had both lost two from two and so, a win could go a long way in helping stave off a relegation play-off. On paper, you’d think Monaleen have the better depth and did play the two top teams earlier in the group. Monaleen did alright in the league, while Senan’s struggled in Division 2, only staying up because they hammered Mountcollins. You’d have to go with Monaleen.

On Sunday, the winner of Ballylanders and Casey’s could well make a quarter-final. Ballylanders were county finalists last year while Casey’s have been underwhelming in recent years, but have had a couple of strong underage sides. I think this will be very tight, I’m going to tip Casey’s to sneak it by a point but no real faith in that prediction either.

Group 2 has tonight’s matches. Drom beat Casey’s in the league last week but Kieran’s made the league final and seem to be going very well. I don’t think I could back against them, even though they were so disappointing against NCW in the last Championship match. And while Galbally made the Division 2 league final, I think the townies will beat them comfortably enough tbh.

That leaves the Tuesday game- Oola vs NaP. What county players will be available and who depends on them more? Oola have two wins from two so far, against what are probably the two weakest sides in the group, certainly the ones that were out-of-form. One more win should see them through and I’m going to back them to get it on Tuesday.

Predictions- Ballysteen, Monaleen, Fr. Casey’s, St. Kieran’s, Newcastlewest, Oola

It’s a huge weekend for ourselves in the Intermediate, we’re out Tuesday night, we desperately need a win having lost both our opening games. Three of these games have been pushed out to the Tuesday because of the involvement of hurlers- ourselves, Pat’s, Pallasgreen all affected.

Intermediate Football Championship Group 1
Sunday July 28
Athea vs Claughaun @7.15pm in Askeaton @7.15pm

Tuesday July 30
Bruff vs Pallasgreen @7.15pm in Hospital @7.15pm
Rathkeale vs St. Patrick’s @7.15pm in Adare @7.15pm

Intermediate Football Championship Group 2
Thursday July 25
Galtee Gaels vs Mountcollins @7.15pm in Feenagh

Friday July 26
Gerald Griffins vs Mungret @7.15pm in Mick Neville Park

Tuesday July 30
Glin vs Kildimo/Pallaskenry @7.15pm in Askeaton

3 teams in this group won both their first two games, and 3 lost both. I don’t see either Claughaun or Athea being the ones to reverse that trend, Claughaun should win that imo. Pallasgreen and Bruff are both on 0 points, I think Pallasgreen will pick up the win.

St. Pat’s vs Rathkeale is an interesting clash between what were probably the two favourites for promotion at the start of the year. Neither side have great league form, a lot will depend on the availability/form of Hegarty who is a huge player. I think Rathkeale might just edge this one though.

Galtee Gaels play Mountcollins tonight, I fancy Galtee Gaels to get the win, I just think they are stronger all over the pitch. Tomorrow is Mungret vs Gerald Griffins which should be a very interesting one- Griffins are the only 100% team left in this group, while Mungret drew with Galtee Gaels. At the same time, Gerald Griffins struggled to victory over us when we had a severely depleted side. Maybe they underestimated us but you’d have to tip them based on their early-season & league form, where they won Division 3 of the league very comfortably- 100% all the way through including a decent win against a senior side, Ballylanders, in the final.

Predictions- Claughaun, Pallasgreen, Rathkeale, Galtee Gaels, Gerald Griffins.

Drom gone from 13/8 to 11/4 :see_no_evil:

Pretty sure this has been moved to Wednesday so lads can go drinking in Dublin at the hurling.

1 Like

NCW made hard work of putting 13 man Galbally to the sword. A late goal combined with Galbally failing to score in 2nd half, saw them win 1-11 to 1-6.

1 Like

Drom a point down with a few minutes left

Level!

Kierans win by 1

Strong wind?

1 Like

Any KK team yet