Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Some great reminiscences in this:

2 Likes

This came up on my timeline, what’s the context for this? Who was it made for?

That’s a fantastic article.

Right guys, I’m throwing my support behind my adopted home to do the two in a row, looking forward to attending the All Ireland again this year, will stay up the night this time :+1:

Come on Limerick

2 Likes

Up bomber Griffin

2 Likes

Where bomber leads I will follow

ffs

Bomber is a decent enough runner, had a brief chat with him recently

Who’s the fella in the video and who is he talking to?

Its not really. The Toyota garage near us has 4 sponsored cars out to local ‘sports stars’. They are handy enough to come by

1 Like

Just back from Croke Park.

A defeat that will sting for a while.

Congrats Kilkenny. It’s incredible what Cody has instilled in them. Amazing spirit and attitude that is in their DNA. Deserving winners.

It was far from our best day but thought the guts our lads showed was immense too. Gave it their all. On another day we could have pinched it.

The wides done for us. The wides, mother of God, the wides. One side were economical with their chances and one side wasn’t - that was the difference.

Still we’ve had the most amazing 12 months. I’ll die happy after last August but a tough defeat to endure today. Chances like that don’t come around too often. A long way back which is the most galling thing.

Alan Kelly. I first saw this chap in the flesh when he reffed us above in Casement Park in 2012. He rode the home side rock solid that day and hasn’t improved an iota since. A terrible referee. Calamity follows him everywhere - from phantom “ghost” goals to missing blatant 65’s. With those two Carlow eejits there was always likely to be a cock up today.

What you will say in his defence is he was equally inept for both teams today and didn’t decide the outcome of the match. The penalty looked incredibly soft. The first free to Reid after 10 seconds looked a joke decision too. He was as bad for both teams. Hopeless.

Will take a while to get over this but on we’ll plough. Club championship in a fortnight to get back on the horse. My gut feeling is JK might step away. If he does I’ve no idea who could replace him.

A great group from players to management. Thank God I was alive for 19/08/2018. Age profile is good so in theory we should be competitive over the next few years. Gutted for all involved but that’s life. Got the rub of the green last year, didn’t today.

Roll on the Munster league next winter. We get knocked down and we get back up again.

25 Likes

Sounds familiar…

1 Like

He wasnt as bad for both sides. I hope limerick people dont take this stance.
Iv just watched it back and he rode kk all the way tbrough.
He kept Limerick in it. Had lk snatched a draw cody would have been in his right to murder the galway cunt.

7 Likes

He was shockingly one sided. Theres a reason an apology thread went up at halftime, fucking Denton-esque

3 Likes

He was trying to even it up.

The wides are a recurring theme with this side though, Limerick almost fucked away an AI last year for the same reason. Byrnes was back to his old self today, Gillane and Peter Casey missed handy chances in the second half. It’s hard to put your finger on it, but it definitely cost Limerick the game, regardless of how well Kilkenny played. The defensive strategy in the second half was also madness, you have to be aggressive and brave against Kilkenny if you want to beat them.

Hard luck, not the first team to have their wings clipped by them.

1 Like

The wides definitely did not cost Limerick the game you feckin lipstickle. KK were 12 points a better team today, ref kept Limerick in it

Limerick hit 16 wides, several of the dreadful variety, and lost by a point.
If you were from Limerick you would be seething at the wasteful cunts.

2 Likes

Gash talk. Intensity + TJ Reid + better accuracy is the only difference borne out on the scoreboard.

You stayed going till 3 in the morning… You’re a very sad individual.

Ye never had a chance as soon as Jonah climbed on board

2 Likes