Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

I hope for Wexford’s sake he doesn’t jump on that bandwagon.

Unlucky Limerick loads of good days to come

A lovely post fair play to you.

Completely underestimating the level of assistance Alan Kelly gave to ye. When you watch it back you will see.

1 Like

As I passed this scene a while ago I couldn’t help but think there was a visual metaphor in it

1 Like

Very disappointing. I said back in May what was good enough last year wouldn’t be good enough this year. Kk done to us in the first 15 minutes what we did to Galway for about 50 minutes last year. They were more fired up and simply hungrier. I thought while we played bad we took the punches well, rode our luck and hung in there v well. Limerick teams of old woild have folded. I was proud of that. Kk done it for years and all great teams do it too. The thing is limerick simply don’t hit teams for goals like the great gaa teams do. We don’t create enough chances. Its a massive failing of our system. We were blessed to get the peno and the dows was creating out of nothing. A moment of brilliance. I thought the game was crying out for flanagan yesterday as we got some joy going long. How he’s fallen so far down the pecking order I don’t know. Thought Dowling should have been on earlier. Overall we rolled with the punches, out worked, out thought and out fought. Yet still could have snatched an undeserved draw. We should focus on 2020 and regaining our crown. Best wishes to Kilkenny in the final. I’ll be cheering ye on from my perch in the cusack stand.

2 Likes

The insistence on shoe horning a daycent club player like Peter Casey into the side appears to have been Limericks downfall.

1 Like

Fecking gutted. All the best Liam McCarthy. Hopefully it won’t be as long before we meet again :frowning:

Hard one to swallow but yerra we’ve been here before.Kk take their chances, we don’t have a high enough success rate.
We had a good year, much thanks to John Kiely& the lads. Wouldn’t have expected us to win league and piss all over Tipp in the munster final earlier in the year.
Heads up , we will be back.

My relationship with the limerick posters on here hasn’t been the best to say the least but I’m proud and a small bit surprised nobody has called for a replay over the last non 65.

3 Likes

We wouldn’t have deserved it.

2 Likes

We aren’t Offaly, we have some bit of dignity the better team won on the day simple as that.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s petty and pointless.

1 Like

The 15 wides of which ten were scorable is where it was lost. Nothing to do with the 65

Maybe we could do a Dela on it and ask for 3 teams in the final?

I heard some dopey bitch coming out after the game dressed in head to toe in green saying at least we are getting the golf :laughing:

2 Likes

Noreen McManus?

3 Likes

It’s an old Limerick failing. The top teams are always economical with the shooting.

1 Like

It was specifically spoken about as a Kinnerk tactic before, take the shots and no matter what happens you can reset for the puckout.

Gutted this morning, it’ll be tough watching the other semi later on. Still been a good year, NHL and Munster medals in the back pockets for the lads. I’d imagine Kiely will go so the next management team is a massive, massive call.

No it was @Watch_The_Break. Got himself a gig.

He has been inundated since pride week.