Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

We should have had a sit down protest after the game yesterday

Go up tomorrow and do it.

I know Wexford lost but they are some team to try out different options and almost test the opposition in every different aspect. Limerick need to become way more flexible tactically. Even if it’s leaving Kyler and Gillane inside 2 v 3 and using Pete Casey between midfield and the half forward line to pick up lose ball. A small fella like him would win frees in those rucks. It also at least makes the opposition think. 2 or 3 times we got quick puck outs into our half backs we scored almost directly from them or created a goal chance. One was from Byrnes to Gillane and it was a quality score around the 25 minutes but for the vast majority of pucks outs we had to go short or to men under too much pressure and had no idea what to do with the ball or counter act it. Literally Kilkenny solved us from the start and for all the brain power on the side line we had little or no idea on how to change it up. If teams are going to let us clip it short to Casey, Finn and English we badly need a target man inside.

2 Likes

Why not play a 3 man full forward line?

They do but Casey and Graeme aren’t target men. Gillane is vastly superior in the corner attacking a diagonal ball on A run than standing under high ball in the orthodox 14 role imo.

Gillane was unmarkable in the first half, won every ball that went near him. Casey and Mulcahy were playing deeper and deeper as the game went on, and eventually Gillane ended up on his own in there.

The game was crying out for Flanagan and his runs off the ball. He destroyed Galway’s defensive plan last year with his runs from Limerick puck outs.

1 Like

Id agree it was the perfect game for flanagan. Cork shut down our passing game in last semi final in the first half and it was flanagan who gave us that out ball. He would relish that game yesterday it’s possible he’s inured.

Flanagan was just way off form this year sadly. He’ll be back next year.

He won’t be back. At least not until he gets a free car he won’t.

2 Likes

That what happens these lads when a bird get their claws into them.

There is a lot of unrest in the camp. It could get ugly over the close season for Limerick

1 Like

He’s only 22 regardless with an AI medal in his pocket - he’ll be back. A few tweaks are needed now alright and I’ve no doubt that they’ll be done.

Hopefully Kilkenny go all the way now. Can’t see Tipp being able to cope with similar workrate, tackling and sheer hunger that they displayed yesterday evening.

Putting a Limerick man on Love Island — cunts got way too big for themselves.

2020 Limerick senior hurling team: Nicky Quaid, Sean Finn, Mike Casey, Richie English, Diarmuid Byrnes, Declan Hannon, Barry Nash, Daragh O Donovan, Cian Lynch, Kyle Hayes, Peter Casey, Gearoid Hegarty, Graeme Mulcahy, Seamus Flanagan and Aran Gillane.

Big question mark over Peter Casey now … 1 decent game this year.

A good club hurler tbfth

I’ve been beating that drum for a while now, I repeat Casey is a sunshine hurler who will look like the best hurler in Ireland when his team is running away with a game

4 Likes

Nicely put

I’d start Dowling

1 Like

:joy: