Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

:grinning:

Greg o shea (love island) is grand a son of the legendary mick o shea who 5 county championships in the one year for treaty sarfields. Mick was widely regarded as Limericks greatest ever minor.

Thank you John Kiely. Thank you Paul Kinnerk and all the backroom team. Thank you to the players. Thank you JP. Thank you Limerick supporters. Thank you all for everything.

2 Likes

You retiring mate?

1 Like

We will struggle to recover if him and the dow go in the one year.

1 Like

Seemingly a leg injury prevented MO’S from becoming an all time great. He had two brothers with him on that great three in a row Treaty Sarsfields team.

What happened yer man Paddy O Loughlin? Why did he not feature on Saturday?

Sub and I guess Nash showed better form in training

Correct. He done a cruciate at 20 and was never the same player again.

1 Like

One of the brothers was an army man. He was a fine hurler but had a ferocious temper by all accounts.

1 Like

Word beforehand was that Barry Nash had been absolutely burning the field in training.

Always wary about fellows being played because they are flying in training.

1 Like

Likewise it’s like a horse that does his running on the gallops.

1 Like

Well Barry came in and performed… He’s been in immense form in training all summer and I think he got minutes in the MF also.

He performed for about 5 minutes and then got bottled up like the rest of them.

2 Likes

He turned into traffic once… Not sure what game you were watching but it was Limerick doing the hard tackling at that stage.

His Oldman and uncle would have won a bag of AIL medals from a time when they really meant something.

1 Like

Dowling doing a phone in with joe molloy for the last while and it’s pretty putrid to listen to. Just cliches about what happens after you lose a game. The one question I ask have the vast majority of the starting team completely blanked the media as Dowling seems to be doing a good few interviews? Hickey as a sub done some last year but that kind of made sense. Oldest player, gpa, done some Sunday game stuff and played in the 07 all Ireland. A fair heap of the lads were in Galway and maybe there’s just nobody available to ring.

Dowling angling for a role in the media going forward. A good speaker in fairness to him.

I heard at the weekend that he is thinking about a future between the sticks in the next few years. Any truth in that? Came from a reliable enough Limerick source.

I’d be shocked if it’s true about going into goals. I never really listen to anything players have to say it’s usually tripe. It’s bitterly disappointing if he’s angling for a media career already and this is a part of it. Nothing he’ll ever achieve in the media will surely match winning all Ireland’s? If your a part of the panel you should do everything to help the panel achieve its goals. Gillane and Kyle done a bit newstalk a few months back I think? Have any other limericks done interviews or phone ins? I hope the limerick players learn from last Saturday and the last nine months. Compare it to 2018. Just look at how the Dublin footballers behave or the Kilkenny players under Cody. Do your work in training and stay away from all that stuff there’s plenty of time for everything else once your inter county career is over.