Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

No sign of club fixtures yet for the the round of club hurling matches the weekend after next…?

He seems to really enjoy having a microphone in front of him, I’d imagine he’s one of the few that would have journos looking for comment from
I really don’t see the harm?

Looking likely although I think a few clubs might like another week .

Id imagine journalists would rather any of the starters surely? Has any sub ever been interivewed as much as him? If he does enjoy it so much he should step away from the squad and take it up full time imo. I don’t see how it benefits the squad. I love the silence from the rest of the panel.

1 Like

There’s football this weekend and due to be two rounds of hurling on consecutive weekends then.

1 Like

They usually go after Dowling or Cian Lynch… Lads that won’t have 50 odd du’knows in two or three sentences… It’s the same reason they went after Hickey.

Hannon is a very articulate speaker. Aran Gillane and Kyle Hayes were very good too on the radio last year. It’s possible Dowling does it as a favor to somebody he knows because it’s nearly always newstalk. I think. The Monday morning after the all Ireland he was onto newstalk and when he spoke about the Carlow game incident again it was Newstalk. It’s been silence from everybody else which is something I love. I hope it’s radio silence next year too.

I believe he has a lovely way of handing over a prescription.

3 Likes

Yes… Same story in Kilkenny with Richie Hogan. We saw what happened… RH expended too much energy into getting on the team. BN a good bit younger and a bit different, I suppose – but was a decent sub.

It’s easily forgotten but the first few games under kiely in 2017 the team looked like being built around Barry Nash. I think at one point he walked of the panel and it’s a credit to kielys man management he’s now reinvented himself as a half back and hopefully he can kick on. He’s a lovely hurler. He could be an example to Ronan Lynch. If you apply yourself kiely will give you a chance.

1 Like

He’s gone from that I think.

Exactly I personally don’t see how those comments help at all. I was surprised but Brendan buglar said Davy fitz uses stuff in the media to motivate his players. Hopefully we’ve a media black out next season.

He’s in medical device sales now.
So if you need an ould hip joint or the like, give me a shout.

CCC meeting tonight.

Hi Shane :wave:

1 Like

Good interview from Shane

The Newstalk lads literally just commented afterwards on why they like to invite Dowling for interview, and they’re dead right.

He should be starting.

2 Likes

Nobody else will answer their calls?

1 Like