Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Wouldn’t shut up about ‘that goal’. Pity it was ultimately scored in vain

Has to be up there for greatest celebration of a consolation goal.

3 Likes

It’s rare a great goal is scored when the result is decided, in an era where winning a free inside your own 21 is celebrated by many I don’t think his celebration was in any way over the top

2 Likes

Anti Kilmallock bias

Some people might argue that going on national radio to rave about it 3 days later is a bit much

I haven’t heard, did he bring it up or was he asked?

He brought it up the cunt. They were asking him about brexit and he kept bringing up hurling

1 Like

The dirty bastard.

Why are na pairsaigh playing kilmalock on a Thursday night?

Infairness joe molloy asked him how many pints he drank. It was awful but not really the Dow’s fault.

I’ve highlighted these situations many times since the opening tipp game last year. I’m not having a go at the players here at this stage as a I believe it’s a coaching issue. We had a clear over lap again and if it’s passed it’s a goal. These are the plays we need to work on. At this level you have to execute these plays and score the crucial goals. We never ever do. Kilkenny are the masters of finishing these off.

2 Likes

Where’s the overlap? There’s 4 backs and 3 forwards

If reidy carries it’s a 2 on 1.

If Reidy carries he’s 2 men on him and one of the Kilkenny backs goes to Gillane.

No overlap there. He gets dispossessed if he carries.

There’s 2 passes needed in that shot. The way Saturday went they’d have over complicated it and been dispossessed

You just want to disagree with me for no reason here. If reidy passes it to Gillane it’s a 2 on 1. There’s no way the kk defender makes it across. The picture isn’t great. I can’t load up the video tbf. It’s criminal at this level to pass these chances up. We badly need to work on it if we want to win more all Ireland’s.

1 Like

I’d back Gillane to finish off but it’s a simple enough chance. Mul is maybe too close to Murphy alright but if Gillane catches it and he takes the last defender with his 3 steps. Easy goal for Graeme.

You just said if he carries it it’s 2 v one?

He had to hand pass it over a Kilkenny back. Thered be ample time to cover the 10 yards to Gillane.

That’s a solid defensive set up

I’m arguing because I disagree with you. Unlike you I don’t just try and wind lads up

that’s an awful defensive set up. 3 men are going towards reidy and one man is left with 2 limerick forwards. If Gillane gets the ball, the player closest to Graeme has to go and meet Gillane or else it’s a goal. Graeme is totally free for the pass then.

It’s plain as day & you are spot on. Just tap it over & I’ll register my score mentality.

1 Like