Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Donal og actually does a piece on it before the game. It’s brilliant. We constantly create over laps but never finish them off. Needs to be worked on.

If the ball is handpassed to Gillane the closest man goes to him. Gillane would have to run away from goal because the man going to Reidy will have turned around.

How do you maintain Reidy handpasses to Gillane in that situation. The pass is covered and the last man is covering both Limerick players.

It’s definitely not a butchered chance

I think it’s a coaching problem. I was very critical of Graeme in the past but now I think players are directed to take their points. Bar Dowling miracle goals we rarely score goals that we actually create. Flanagan created the one v cork last year and he wasn’t on. 3 goals in the all Ireland final came from turning over defenders. Same with kyles goal in the Munster final.

Lad it’s a simple hand pass and a 2 on 1. This isn’t crecora v old Christians in the junior b city league. Give over.

It’s seems to be an issue which in truth is strange with the running & short passing game.

It’s a hand pass over an inter county back with 3 defenders within a couple of yards.

There’s three defenders inside Reidy and one behind him right on him.

That is not an easy handpass, he’d have to loop it at which point Gillane gets creased.

There’s no need to be facetious my good boy

That’s after the shot was taken. Do you want Reidy to handpass it mid strike?

The only complaint you could have from the behind the goals shot is there appears to be no other Limerick player inside the 45, 2 points down with 5 minutes to go.

Gillane with his hand out looking for it too.

Maybe if Gloria Esteban took a look at John McGraths goal v Cork he would change tact. Bubbles took on a very difficult pass to John and he in turn made space to finish off a very difficult chance.
Point in case, they took it on. It’s being coached into them to take the chance & go for goals.

Bubbles could have tapped it over…

2 Likes

You wouldnt say that after his munster final performance @

1 Like

You are dead right. Wex gave up at least 5 similar chances on Sunday. Playing a deep lying centre back/ sweeper almost auto programmes forwards to go for points. I’ve no doubt Tipp/Kk would have went for the jugular there.

1 Like

I was meant to head away this morning but my friends got held up so leaving it till tomorrow. Stuck on the game. Gillane was Outstanding in the opening half living off scraps.

2 Likes

He really was, he swatted away all comers.

To isolate him in the second half was abysmal Management & the losing of the game.

1 Like

On second viewing WOD was excellent for 50 minutes bar two stupid frees.

1 Like

I would you know

He wasn’t living off scraps though, he was played ball that he loves. Gillane can beat any corner back in the country with movement and ability to win any kind of ball. Limerick needed an option though, as one approach won’t win a game. The second half approach was dreadful, fell into the same trap Galway have fell into against Kilkenny several times and failed to vary their attack. Tipp won’t make the same mistake.

5 Likes

Incorrect. he got 6 balls that were 40/60 at best and won 5 of them. He scored 1-3 from play/frees. The frees he won himself by the way. Two of the balls were on the corner of 45. These aren’t balls he loves. He usually had three players on him too. He was living of scraps. Your second point is just waffle.

this is correct