Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Jaysus, what does this remind me of? :smile:

Jaysus, what does this remind me of? :smile:

Christian Brothers, Knights of Columbanus, Magdalen Laundry supervisors?

i don’t know. Tell us

4/5 last week in the senior, Adare got the win over Ballysteen.

Senan’s loss to Monaleen means they are in big trouble with the 2 top teams (Adare & Ballysteen) to play. Adare are through to at least a quarter-final already, and really should be topping the group from here, having already beaten 2nd & 3rd in that group. The winner of Casey’s & Ballysteen on Sunday should join them in the knockout stages (a draw would likely put them both through), and then it would go down to the last day for the last place.

In the other group, NCW & Oola have both won 3 from 3 and are practically guaranteed a quarter-final place, with St. Kieran’s most likely to join them. Drom/Broadford and Galbally play tonight and the loser will likely play Senan’s in the relegation play-off. Neither have a great scoring difference.

Only 3/5 in the Intermediate, Pat’s beat Rathkeale by 2 and Mungret beat Gerald Griffins. And Pallasgreen & Claughaun both only won by a point when I would have expected them to be a bit more comfortable. Looks like it will come down to Athea vs Bruff on the last day to see who’ll be in a relegation play-off, while I’d be surprised if Pats, Claughaun & the Mushes don’t all reach the knockouts.

We beat Glin but Mungret beating Gerald Griffins means it’ll be very tough for us to make a quarter-final even if we beat Mungret on Monday. Mountcollins look to be in big trouble, they’ll be targeting that last match against us to try and avoid the relegation play-off.

2 Likes

Senior Football Championship Group 1
Friday August 2
Adare vs St. Senan’s @7pm in the Bog Garden

Saturday August 3
Ballylanders vs Monaleen @1pm in Bruff

Sunday August 4
Ballysteen vs Fr. Casey’s @7pm in Newcastlewest

Senior Football Championship Group 2
Thursday August 1
Drom/Broadford vs Galbally @7.15pm in Kilmallock

Friday August 2
Oola vs St. Kieran’s @7pm in Ballybrown

Sunday August 4
Na Piarsaigh vs Newcastlewest @7pm in Askeaton

I really don’t see Senan’s shocking Adare tbh, Adare should be making it 4 from 4 tomorrow night. Monaleen bounced back after two opening losses with a win over Senan’s, while Bally will be disappointed with their loss to Casey’s. I think I’d just about fancy Monaleen to get the win in that one to put pressure on the quarter-final spots. The big game is that West clash between Ballysteen & Casey’s. The winner will surely go through, the loser could come under pressure from the winner of Ballylanders & Monaleen. Both lost by more than a score to Adare, both have beaten Ballylanders… I think Ballysteen were that bit more impressive and I’m going to tip them.

Tonight in Group 2, there’s a huge game between D/B & Galbally. Galbally did put it up to NCW and D/B were only pipped at the very end by Kieran’s. Both these sides suffered two heavy defeats each in their first two games, so the score difference is poor. I’d fancy Drom to have enough to get over this one.

Oola and Kieran’s tomorrow could be a cracker. Oola have three wins and one foot in the quarters already, Kieran’s lost badly to NCW and just pipped D/B. The form lines might suggest an Oola win, especially with all their county hurlers back but I think Kieran’s just need a win more right now and think they’ll sneak it. I’d fancy NCW to beat NaP too, they’ve been impressive to date this year.

Predictions- Adare, Monaleen, Ballysteen, Drom, Kieran’s, NCW

1 Like

You’ll never get a job for the Leader sticking your neck out and actually giving an option like that!

Intermediate Football Championship Group 1
Friday August 2
Claughaun vs Rathkeale @7pm in Bruff

Sunday August 4
Athea vs Pallasgreen @7pm in Ballingarry
Bruff vs St. Patrick’s @7pm in Caherconlish

Intermediate Football Championship Group 2
Thursday August 1
Gerald Griffins vs Mountcollins @7pm in Abbeyfeale

Monday August 5
Kildimo/Pallaskenry vs Mungret @7pm in Ballybrown

Thursday August 8
Galtee Gaels vs Glin @7pm in Feenagh

Rathkeale’s 100% record ended on Tuesday night, they’ll be hoping to end Claughaun’s tomorrow and get back on track. Claughaun have won by 3, 2 & 1 points so far, Rathkeale won two games handy enough before losing to Pat’s. I fancy them to get the win against Claughaun, just have that bit more all over the pitch.

Two games on Sunday, Athea should put it up to Pallasgreen and would be hoping to sneak a victory, while I don’t see Pat’s dropping points against Bruff.

In the other group tonight, I know Mountcollins put it up to Mungret who then beat Gerald Griffins but I just don’t see them having enough to actually beat Gerald Griffins. Glin & Galtee Gaels aren’t playing until next Thursday. We’ve played them both now, and Galtee Gaels should be winning that fairly comfortably to confirm a place in the knockout stages.

Predictions- Rathkeale, Athea, Pat’s, Gerald Griffins, Galtee Gaels

I know they are playing the game half way in between but Glin and Galtee Gaels must be the longest distance between any 2 clubs in Limerick? A good bit further than Claughan having to go to the end of the world recently.

Surely Oola & Fr. Casey’s or Oola and Mountcollins would be further?

I’d say Glin to Galtee Gaels would be further than both those

Yeah possibly. Ahane would be a right trek to parts of west Limerick also.

The road between Glin and Galtee Gaels would be worse though

Are we talking distance or time to get there is the big question. Mountcollins is probably closer than Abbeyfeale as the crow flies but would take longer

And going cross country

any sign of @Julio_Geordio since the KK match?

You missed one game

I know I can’t call our games free of bias so I don’t even try.

A fine two legs coming up. I will give you a belt of a shoulder on the sideline

2 Likes

Fuck him up good and proper.

1 Like

Galbally 2-11 D/B 1-06 FT.

Hows the holiday going bud

1 Like