Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Would have been very hard to do

3 Likes

Limerick’s and JP’s spectacular All Ireland win has lads driven absolutely mad, it’s beautiful. Even the few embittered Limerick natives are seething now.

1 Like

I’m not too sure that is true. I have no need to bad mouth Lord McManus for stuff he hasn’t done so I won’t do that. Apparently that was a decision by Kiely but I’m open to correction there.

we didn’t win an All Ireland in 2016.

Correct, my bad. But there was an allegation that Byrnes couldn’t bring the cup to his native village when he was captain.

1 Like

It was 2015. It was detailed on here at the time. I just heard yesterday in passing.

1 Like

John Kiely removed the cup from the players on the Monday night after winning the 21s All Ireland in 2015. He did so because they had a civic reception in City Hall on the Tuesdays night and he wanted them there in a respectable state. Celebrations were curtailed on the Monday evening so that the team would be in proper order on the Tuesday, which they were. Similarly they were exemplary at this year’s homecoming. That is fact.

At this stage if the cat had kittens poor ol JP would get the blame for it. The begrudgery towards a man who owes nobody a cent is unbelievable. He owes this country nothing.

4 Likes

BmB’s is lining up a swing for the fences

:popcorn:

edit - he lined it up

There was no cup for winning the u21 all Ireland in 2015

He took the cup off the players on the Monday night so players would be in a fit state on the Tuesday evening and gave it to Jp :rofl:

1 Like

1 Like

He didn’t give it to JP. You’re wrong as usual.

that’s the munster cup is it? We played Wexford in the final

original

[quote=“Esteban_de_la_Sexfac, post:1940, topic:26801, full:true”]
that’s the munster cup is it? We played Wexford in the final
[/image quote]
I presume the winner took that cup home but I can’t find a photo of diarmuid lifting it

just above this one there.

just as well Kiely took it off them, it’d have never come out of the 'Well

[quote=“AppleCrumbled, post:1942, topic:26801, full:true”]

Not a cup.

2 Likes

the cross of cashel trophy to give it’s full name.

1 Like

That’s Munster .

so what is being alleged here?

Kiely wrestled the trophy off of Byrnes, in a predetermined ploy with JP McManus so the trophy could spend the night with JP in his four post bed out in Martinstown, so the boys wouldn’t go on the piss?

Seems far fetched