Limerick GAA, Still Getting Knocked Down

The Clareman is the premier hurling and soccer analyst on here.

Only by default since the Dunph left.

2 Likes

Looking likely that the football down for next week will be postponed!!

I think you are wrong on this @Big_Mick_McCarthy. I expect him to have a decent inter county career.

He is a young chap playing at a low level all his life, where he was no doubt lording it. Without running down the St. Pats lads I doubt he got the best coaching coming up. He has also been focused mainly on football.

The things he has you can’t coach, strength, height, positional sense, and an ability to win ball in the air.

Brian Begley completely transformed himself as a hurler much later in his career after giving up the football.

1 Like

It won’t be.
I’ll raise hell if it is.
If it’s not played next week then the earliest it can be played is the weekend of the 18th. It would be ridiculous if it’s dragged out until then.

For all the lads talking about Hegarty. He wasn’t good enough 3 years ago to make the 26 man panel. He is know which means he improved significantly without much coaching. The sky is the roof.

On Brian Ryan. That minor team was outstanding they were robbed in 2013 and last year a hell of a lot more went on during the run up to the final that effected the team. Two years and only one non performance which is incredibly impressive at such a young level.

Jesus, Unbelievably harsh on O Connell, Thought he had a very good game personally. Always looks to use possession, kept Mannion very quiet and has that bit needle to his game that i like to see in half backs His best display of the year.

Plenty of these lads capable of stepping up to senior ranks next year but Hegarty definitely not one of them. Think he would benefit massively from a season or 2 with the intermediate squad. Of the 21s this year, McCarthy, English, Casey, O Connell, Byrnes, Ryan and O Donovan and Dempsey are plenty good enough for the senior set up next year, Colin Ryan and Morrissey possibly aswell, Not sure what Ronan Lynchs plans are but plenty more to come from him.

After this year, there is no Limerick player sure of their position in the starting 15 and it should be seen as such by TJ and his management team. Love the attitude of Kiely, “We are getting thes lads ready for senior hurling, Its senior All-Irelands we Need”. TJ should assemble a squad of around 40 in November, Arrange a couple of in house games with everyone one of those 40 players playing for their place.

2 Likes

Kiely has over 40 on his panel makes the competition for places even on the subs bench interesting.

1 Like

Have we lost the run of ourselves yet?

I don’t think so. The lads all looked reasonably calm in Tony Connollys earlier anyways.

3 Likes

Will the song be out this week?

Looking at it reasonably, I can’t see anyone out there to stop us doing the three in a row.

2 Likes

Julio Just so you know young Hegarty has played premier hurling from U14 to U 21 competing against all the top sides in the county . He has only played football in the last two and a half years . He has played Junior for the last three years with St Pats. He has been on all the under-age set-ups up to minor level where he was badly treated .

Who did he hurl with underage?

All his hurling has been with St Pats , might suprise some but they have had decent undergae teams in the last 10/12 years

They were joined with Claughann a fair bit. They were a bad premier team at best.

No we won’t loose the run of ourselves unless we win it. Then every fucker who hasn’t seen a hurley since 2007 will think he knows how to bring Liam back to Limerick. I can pretty much tell you how its going to go between now and next May if we win it

1 Like

Football gone back to Wednesday 16th!! @treatystones

Lads, any opinions on Martin Kielys article? I think his suggestion is a bit nuclear but maybe it’s what’s needed?

2 Likes

You really are an asswipe.