Limerick GAA - We get knocked down 🐐

In the second half when under real pressure he used it well I thought…

From his 8 possessions second half he found a man directly 6 times, over ran it into touch 1 time and he won ball in a 4 man ruck and just cleared it up the field under pressure another time and the ball broke to a Limerick player. So I don’t know what game you were watching.

Julio Geordio rates this post “well clamped”

1 Like

In the first half he drove it over the end line once, to nobody 3 times. In the second half he didn’t balloon it as much but that was mainly because he was under more pressure. Also the time he ran it out over the end line was terrible.

Over the past two games Brynes has played well but anytime he has had time or space he has not used it well. So you can stick your fucking clamping up your arse @Julio_Geordio

Here we go, the start of the Limerick fall out already. This group never had a chance really…

Like I said, pal…in the second half he was under much more pressure and used it very well. Let’s not fall out over it.

You can make up statistics to prove anything, everybody knows that.

As I said earlier it is criminal to waste the ball when you have time and space. Under pressure it is forgivable.

Colin Ryan really impressed me last night, when we were down a couple of points and we needed a leader in the forwads he was the player who time and again came out in front of his marker showed for the ball and won us 3 savage frees in the 2nd half. His first touch is class.

Ronan Lynch is getting his fitness and touch back after a long spell without any hurling and his performance was a million times better then the semi-final were he was taken off early. The lad is as good as anyone we have and you have to tip the hat again to Na Piarsiagh and Ard Scoil Ris for bringing these young lads through.

I though Brynes, O’Connell and Hegarty/Flanagan when he came on were the platform from which we won the game. The two Doon lads ran themselves into the ground, and Pat Ryan in particular look’s the business. That shoulder with a few minutes to go gave the whole team and supporters a massive lift. (Tom Condon on Eoin Kelly in 13 comes to mind)

Cian lynch was top class again the lad is pure talent and he is so unselfish sometimes you’d rather he’d take his own score. He was robbed for a goal in the second half from a great save from the Clare keeper.

Dempsey started well, but I expected more from him, Hanley and in particular Morrissey who has been off form so far at this grade.

Massive game now against the other Connaught cunts, special mention to Ronan’s post match interview As Gaeilge absolutely fantastic to see as well.

Luimneach abu! The future is bright!

3 Likes

Nail on the head about Ryan. He is as tough as fucking nuts too. In the minor game v Waterford last year he was the one who got us going when the chips were down. Unlucky not to be let through for a goal when the ref called him back.

Has Ronan roots from a gaeltacht area? He spoke fairly fluently and struck me that it was more than just schooling…

The Mrs asked me the exact same thing when we watched the game back last night. He was very impressive a credit to his family either way and everyone connected with Limerick GAA.

He’s probably in the ra.

Aren’t we all pal :grinning:

1 Like

Smallest Limerick crowd Ive seen in a long time. Got caught in a bit traffick. Pulled clear of Ennis at around 9.30. Hourvand a half from then not bad. At least it’ll be Thurles from here on in.

Very small limerick crowd, I’d say we were honestly outnumbered 7/8 to 1. The Clare crowd around me in the terrace were giving the young Clare keeper awful stick over the short puckouts, He was only doing what he was told to avoid the strong Limerick Half back line.

Fucking brilliant beating them in their home patch, it’s a very tough ground to win in, tight pitch and the crowd are right on top of you.

The pitch isn’t tight. It is a fairly big playing surface

1 Like

Agree

It’s definitely smaller then the Gaelic Grounds or Thurles, The view from behind the goals in the terrace was absolutely shocking as well.

The surface was fantastic but otherwise the whole place should be knocked.

It’s wider than the GG.

1 Like

Its wider and longer than the Gaelic grounds. It is one of the biggest in the country

1 Like