Limerick GAA - We get knocked down 🐐

Clamped

The semi final v Galway is six days after Galway play Tipp in the senior semi final. Ideally Galway will batter the cunts in the senior and have no interest in the u21 bar not picking up any injuries ahead of the senior decider.

Two TFK posters will not be able to attend the U21 decider on Sept 12th if Limerick get that far due to an unfortunate clash of circumstances, namely a wedding for one & the other attending an association football match in England on the same day between Manchester United and Liverpool…

Cusack Park is a deceptively big pitch that only looks small because of the shanty town of a “stadium” that surrounds it.

It is longer and much wider than the Gaelic Grounds.

I think Cusack Park is one of the great GAA grounds and I’m delighted that it survived the Celtic Tiger. Lovely atmospheric ground.

3 Likes

He’s a highly intelligent lad who is studying for medicine.

Agree

He’s just after doing Irish for the leaving and is handy at it you gobdaw

1 Like

West Junior A Hurling

Askeaton 1-13
Tournafulla 1-13

This result means Tour go through on top of the group. Askeaton 2nd and Drom 3rd. Croagh sensationally knocked out on score difference.

Here did did ye ever get that championship back off Bohermore Ballybricken.

Would you believe there has still been no official word on it. Which is a good sign for us, if the game was to be awarded to them it would have been done so by now.

3 Likes

Widest pitch in the country I believe. Top class surface. Amazing considering an awful lot of Clare county championship games played there.

Despite living near the Gaelic Grounds Ronan started out in St. Patricks where his father was from and involved with the club. City rule and all that. They both moved to Na Piarsaigh when he was about 10-12 with an older brother.

With St. Patricks now a predominately football club, I wonder would Ronan be the same player if he had stayed.

As far as the Irish is concerned, he’s just a smart young fellow. He looks after himself and didn’t hurl senior until after his leaving cert was over. Unlike many a promising Limerick hurler before him.

At a guess I’d say he won’t be seen near the Limerick senior panel until after his University days are over.

1 Like

No worries, mate. That’s a lovely reply. I get that he just did the leaving but I know people who’ve studied it to degree and still aren’t as fluent that’s merely why I asked. Other posters got all uppity about it but you just can’t buy the type of class you’ve shown there.

I was talking to a lad from Bohermore Ballybricken soon after this he said that Ballysteen hadn’t a full team team at the field which was why they weren’t too pushed about hanging around to see if the game would be played.
He also said their lads drank the shit out of it after and celebrated like they’d won the all Ireland.
He said that they needed to win a trophy as they gad lost a good few finals in recent years and that it was great to get that monkey off their backs.

1 Like

Fucks sake

:smile:

We had 19 players there when we were told the game was off. They haven’t won any trophy. They should never have been given the cup that night as its completely against procedure. But sure as long as they enjoyed themselves.

3 Likes

Isn’t limerick great. You couldn’t make it up.

Yes, we even provide jobs, education, health and other services to our less fortunate voyeuristic neighbours in tip.

That’s the yarn that they are spinning anyway

Adare beating Doon. Big win for Murroe v Ahane.