Limerick GAA - We get knocked down 🐐

Doon were short price fav’s. Much left?

All over. Adare win.

Doon assuming the beat Croom Friday week will set up a tasty winners take all game v Ballybrown in the final round.

1 Like

Bruff 2-5, Na P 3-2 , 25 mins

Bruff 2-5, Na p 5-5 HT.

Kilmallock 0-10, Effin 0-3, HT

Carey or Quaid for Offaly?

Quaid is the current favourite

Big win for Na Piarsaigh 6-17 to 2-5.

Kilmallock 0-25, Effin 0-7 FT

Poor second half by Bruff against the wind. Didn’t score at all.

Good luck to them

Match reports from the Examiner

"Champions Kilmallock remain unbeaten in their Limerick SHC title defence.

Last evening they were emphatic 0-25 to 0-7 winners over Effin in Kilfinane.

Ger O’Loughlin’s side were 0-10 to 0-3 up at half time. They have now advanced to the knockout stages ahead of the final round of group games.

Also into the later stages are Na Piarsaigh and Patrickswell.
READ NEXT Five talking points from the weekend’s GAA action

Na Piarsaigh were 6-17 to 2-5 winners over Bruff. The 2013 champions were 5-5 to 2-5 up at half time with two goals each for Kevin Downes and David Dempsey and one for Peter Casey.

Bruff had goals from John Cooke and Tony Burke but there were not to score in the second half as Na Piarsiagh eased to the win.

Patrickswell maintained their winning run with a 0-17 to 0-9 win over South Liberties in the Gaelic Grounds.

Ciaran Carey’s side were 0-9 to 0-6 ahead at half time after an opening 30 minutes that saw Jack Kelleher hit three points from play and another three from frees.

South Liberties relied heavily on Brian Ryan frees and only had David O’Neill, David Garry and Shane O’Neill scores from play in the entire game. Patrickswell ensured a fourth successive victory in the second-half with points from Limerick’s Munster U21 winning captain Diarmaid Byrnes, Lar Considine and Peter Harty.

In the second of a Gaelic Grounds double-bill, Adare got their first win of the season with a 2-15 to 1-15 victory over Doon.

Doon were 1-10 to 1-6 up at half time with Mike Fitzgerald getting their goal and John Fitzgibbon hitting the net for Adare.

Doon were 1-12 to 1-6 clear early in the second-half but then failed to score for 15 minutes as Adare hit seven successive scores, including a Willie Griffin goal to move them 2-12 to 1-12 clear.

Three late points from Declan Hannon ensured their first win, after three successive draws.

Murroe-Boher got their first win when a late Paudie McNamara goal helped them to a 1-13 to 1-11 win over Ahane in Caherconlish.

A Tom Morrissey goal had Ahane 1-9 to 0-6 up at half time.

Free-takers Mike Carr and Seanie Tobin exchanged scores throughout but Murroe-Boher had Pat Tobin and Diarmuid Byrnes on the mark to help them to a vital victory.

The weekend’s schedule opened with a 2-18 to 1-12 win for Ballybrown over Croom in Croagh.

Ballybrown were 1-8 to 0-7 up at the interval with Alan O’Connor getting their goal.

A second half goal from Shane Kenny ensured no fight back for Croom, who had a goal of their own from Conor Laffan."

Both?

Goals win games.

I have a feeling that the Well will win the county.

Have you seen them this year? I haven’t yet. If Na P are prepared alright I can’t see any team live with our forwards. But I think the well may be the best managed of any of the top four, Ciarán is class.

1 Like

Agreed. Prob a year too soon for the well.

One could argue Adrian Breen isn’t one of Na P best 6 forwards. D Breen, Dowling, Downes, P Casey, R Lynch, D Dempsey. Serious depth.

1 Like

Yup. Although maybe harsh on Adrian Breen, he’s performing very well for the club. Lynch and David Breen will probably both be left in the half back line. Casey will be in the starting line up from here on in and is a serious player.

1 Like

They would have won without the goals

2 Likes

I’ll defer to your superior knowledge on that count mate.