Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

There’s nothing in the rules to say you can’t wear an earpiece.

In fact, I’m surprised they haven’t (or have they?) put receivers in the helmets like in American Football. It’ll surely be a thing down the road for fellas to lose their shit over.

1 Like

All they’d have to do is start shouting alternate commands, blow an air horn or something.

Go down and give him a wedgie or a wet willy or two or flick his ears when Cork were about to shoot and the ball go dead

4 Likes

Cody doesn’t believe in any of this nonsense anyway.

He sent Martin Comerford down to tell Scruff Murphy to slow down the puckouts in the second half but the 4th official got in the way and sent Comerford back to his seat.

“Space out left in front of…” sounds of a scuffle “PUCK IT TO GILLANE”

4 Likes

Good detective work.

How it’s supposed to work is that the fella behind the goals has the earpiece; someone up in the stands is looking at where the space is as the ball goes dead. Relays it to the spotter who tries to get the info in to the keeper.

The louder it is the more difficult it is.

2 Likes

You’d have a lad marking you like Eyeball Quinn driving the earpiece in past your eardrum.

There was a fine and candid interview with Gerry Quinn in the Examiner on Saturday.

Thought he spoke a lot of sense in it about the I/C bubble and the incidents with McGrath and Shefflin, seems to have matured a good bit since his I/C days when he could be a bit of a lad off the field at times.

5 Likes

Did he say if his mother is still writing the letters to Ken?

Good read alright. Seems to be doing well for himself. A hardy boy.

Some understatement :laughing:

A fairly underrated player in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like

One of those lads who you nearly put your house on to deliver a 8/10 performance when it counted.

1 Like

any link?

3 Likes

Always came across as a very single minded determined individual… not surprised he’s done well in bidness…

That was a very enjoyable read. Fair play

There’s absolutely no way that works in a packed out Croke Park with a full Hill 16 or Davin Stand

1 Like

Just wire up the keeper directly inside his helmet and be done with it. It’s not against the rules.

Wasn’t there a suspicion Mark Fanning was wired up by Davy for a few games?

I think they had a spotter behind the goal too.

Wiring up players isn’t against the rules but I would say that no referee would allow it if it was actually pointed out to them.