Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

So it would perfectly All-Ireland final aside.

Hotel room shortage means Kilkenny won’t overnight in Dublin after All-Ireland final

The Leinster champions will head Noreside due to a shortage of hotels, while reigning All-Ireland champions Limerick have booked the Clayton Burlington Hotel in Ballsbridge

Kilkenny will return home after Sunday week’s All-Ireland final, while Limerick will stay in Dublin following the game.

The Leinster champions will head Noreside due to a shortage of hotels, while reigning All-Ireland champions Limerick have booked the Clayton Burlington Hotel in Ballsbridge.

The Citywest Hotel in Saggart has been Kilkenny’s hotel of choice for finals down through the years but it is now being used to house Ukrainian refugees for the next two years. Limerick also stayed there when they won the All-Ireland SHC title against Galway in 2018.

Both teams will travel to the capital on the day of the game.

For the past two years, the finalists have returned home the evening of the All-Ireland final. However, those travel arrangements were prompted by Covid restrictions that were in place at the time. Post-final banquets have been a major fundraising source for team holiday funds.

Speaking last month, GAA president Larry McCarthy said Croke Park could assist counties who find difficulty in sourcing sufficient accommodation in Dublin for games at GAA HQ.

“The cost of living is a concern for everybody but if teams overnighting in Dublin is an outrageous cost we will have to see what we can do," he remarked.

Meanwhile, Fergal Horgan and Colm Lyons appear to be the leading candidates to take charge of the final. Tipperary’s Horgan has refereed three deciders while Nemo Rangers man Lyons has yet to officiate one.

He’s good friends with Aoibhinn Garrihy’s husband it seems.

On what grounds though?

In any case, it’d be difficult enough to do anyway because the earpiece is one thing but those yokes usually are connected to a bulky enough receiver that a GK couldn’t be having on him.

It’d have to be a wireless job and that technology is dodgy in places where you’ve 82k knocking around the one place, so Pie in the Sky stuff really

If a referee can tell you to remove jewellery, surely he can tell you to remove an earpiece too?

Yeah, the ones we used to use were very bulky alright. I’m sure there’s fancy ones you can get that are less bulky though.

Colm Lyons? FFS :rollseyes:

I scrolled straight to end there and thought you were saying he got the gig :flushed:

Announced tomorrow I believe

We need a few thousand twitter comments slating Lyons tonight

Even for the optics they could hardly give Fergal another big Limerick game?

was this the infamous Larry O Gorman taking him out to a field and have him shot quote?

1 Like

It was. Larry never saw the inside of a television studio again.

Keenan will retire without none so.

Will be a non contact final if Colm Lyons gets it.

Free after free after free. He panicked in Ennis for the Clare - Limerick match, with it being his first final he’d be a disaster if appinted

Give it Keenan, Dwyer or Horgan.

2 Likes

Dwyer just so no one will imply favouritism

I can’t see a Munster ref getting it.2 munster res got the semis
Money is on Keenan or Dwyer

What’s Ur gut feeling on it Mike? Result wise/potential way it will play out

Honestly dont know kid. We seem to have been travelling in third gear all year. Bar the Cork game ,we never really put a game to bed until the last ten minutes. That being said we’ve saved the best wine until last in 20 and 21. I think Lynch is the key. If he starts , he gives us so many more options from puck out onwards.
I genuinely can’t call it.

1 Like

Pat Simon finished for the year?

Hes not back on the panel.

1 Like