Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

He was.

1 Like

Im just about staying afloat myself after arriving in at 12.45am last night reeking of Kebab and apparently wiping my greasy hands off her forehead and blabbing on about Hego.

8 Likes

Where were you drinking, hardly in a pub were you?

No. Cans with Esteban all day… I jumped the 7 train home with him when i was supposed to be on the 9. I managed to get a couple of cans on after making a song and dance with the eastern European security and firing a can in the bin as a kind of sacrificial lamb , they forgot to check my bag then… Pure legend i am.

7 Likes

Lad you’re a serious legend. You fought the law. And you won

1 Like

One for the grandkids…

1 Like

As an uneducated hurling fan, what do ye think were some reasons the multiple under 21 winning teams of years ago didn’t kick on? No structure in place ?

Unrale!

The Icon, Clems and the Sin Bin.

10 Likes

Football and the sesh.

Pa Ryan’s too

1 Like

Ma!

I saw these at the time and hadn’t the time to put them in print. Good to see them at least highlighted. Too late now, but sure….,

It is not like ye to be making excuses and picking up on refereeing decisions in a game. We would have five in a row only for an incompetent linesman but sure look it, what can you do now lads.

2 Likes

He did. And it’s not his first time doing it.

1 Like

I agree. And Limerick always had that extra gear to move into. I’ll never deny that. Even the kk goals I thought came a bit early. You have to take them but they were 10 minutes too early for the big Unlimited Heartbreak Volume 2.

1 Like

I really enjoyed reading back the match thread there earlier. I mean I really enjoyed it.

Thanks to all the usual suspects, you all played your part. The heroes in green weren’t the only ones playing a blinder on All Ireland Final Sunday.

Well done guys.

6 Likes

I’d fancy myself to be fairly up on the rules but I had to check them there now.

4.8 To drop the hurley intentionally, or to throw the
hurley in a manner which does not constitute a
danger to another player.

I wasn’t sure if it was technically a free to drop the hurley before possession.This is what happened in both the Hannon and Gillane cases. Normally the hurl is dropped to aid a handpass. As you can read above both the cases during the match were frees against Limerick.

Poor refereeing is one thing but technically poor refereeing not knowing the rules is another completely wrong ball game altogether.

C’est la vie…

1 Like

It’s hard to spot though in real time if it’s dropped intentionally or pulled out of a hand or whatever. With Gillanes it happens so quick you don’t really focus on the hand holding the hurley.

It’s impossible to see.

I’ve hurled a lot and I could never imagine dropping the hurl out of the right hand to take a catch. It’s just not programmed that way. They must practice it in training.