Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

Nasty post

8 Likes

What about Walters nine steps leading up to the goal? Did you spot them?

5 Likes

Probably hard to see them through the tears

2 Likes

Don’t mention the 2 throws after Richie Hogans point for their next 2 points either .

TJ Reid dropped his hurley for the goal if you are making a list.

6 Likes

The boys are sobering up. They’re seeing the celebrations. And the hurt is starting to bubble up.

Drink in their pain

Gillane sacrifices his hurley like that Lizard that sacrifices its tail to escape predators. They think they have a hold of him but all they have is his stick

6 Likes

The tears taste nearly as good as the pints.

It’s only gonna get worse. Wait til they realise this Limerick team have their hearts set on 5.

In a row

2 Likes

There’s nothing out there to stop ye.

I thought that went without saying seeing as where they currently stand, but there you go

Have a look at it closely you’ll see that he pulls Lawlor’s catching hand with his catching hand. Drops the hurl and catches the sliotar with that hand. All done in the blink of an eye and skilful for sure. But illegal for fouling the man and the hurl.

1 Like

I’ll check that one out and get back to you.

The Mike Casey free was a poor decision. Didn’t look like it was going to be decisive at the time though.

1 Like

The ref kept blowing for Byrnes to take the free and he just refused to take it until Casey was back up. Was embarrassing for Lyons, tooting away and being ignored.

4 Likes

Playing the hurley and the catching hand are both fouls but they’re just part of the game now.

Duignan was saying that the game couldn’t restart until Casey had his helmet back on.

I thought similar, so thought it was very odd he kept trying to make him take the free.

1 Like

It’s a rule ripe for abusing