Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

All the counties bring a vast majority of decent people, people are sound in general, it’s a bit silly to compare county support IMO, you’ll always have the craic with the opposition at a big hurling match

2 Likes

Hopefully a clean bill of health next year for Limerick will be enough for us to continue pushing the limits and winning 4 in a row.

Other counties have closed the gaps. We had an awful run with injuries this year.

Couldn’t argue with any of those selections

This could be a good game :+1:

1 Like

A fair assessment based on Limericks position at the moment. Maybe when the Limerick is finished in a few years there will be more fiercely debated.

1 Like

As a neutral that looks very fair to me. Most positions there’s not even a debate. Only possible argument the two corner backs could go either way. Would prob have the two limericks.
Would there not have been better kk teams a year or two later with Mick fennelly midfield and a slightly better forward line?
Obviously you’ve lynch to make the team there somewhere.

The Kilkenny lads are sound.

5 Likes

I’d normally expect to end up in some row with an opposition supporter on AI final day as I tend to get very worked up during the match (I know I’m a boring fucker on here but I get very worked up on match day) but that never happened on Sunday. Every score, hard tackle and battle was roundly supported by the respective supporters but there was zero nastiness.

Huge shout out to the Limerick chap who very kindly gave one of the match balls to my daughter as a souvenir from the game. A noble gesture and complete testament to the calibre of people that we are as GAA supporters

25 Likes

Hardly but what last Sunday showed is that there are certain areas that ye are vulnerable.
For an “Average” Kilkenny team to rack up the score they did was very telling.Ye won the last 2 games by 5 points aggregate.The year before,by cricket scores

With 13 of the team that started the 2018 final.Thats key.

And lets be straight here lads,that KK team arent great.That half back line will never ever start a serious match together again.But The Cats will improve and introduce new players.Same as Galway and the rest.Tipp will undoubtedly improve because they dont like humiliation.

Thats not sour grapes.Limerick are fantastic and 100% deserving but even a blind man could see the the pack is getting closer.

1 Like

We’ll see not many times could have coped without a 2 time hurler of the year for the majority of the season. Take TJ out of the KK team and they ain’t getting to an AI final,

5 Likes

Declan hannon must be very similar to his grand father(?) pat stakelum who hurled for tipp in the 50s?

I remember some old scribes commenting on the way stakelum rose the ball.

Maybe @Fagan_ODowd or @Malarkey would have heard stories about him or seen some footage.

1 Like

Nash is twice the hurler Jackie Tyrell is, you’re bang on with the rest.

Jackie played next to and behind 3 of the best 6 ever in Noel Hickey, JJ and Tommy Walsh. Very good player but Nash would just be another level in terms of talent.

Limerick in trouble again

1 Like

Would they ever go way and fuck off for themselves.

Taking the singing of the song completely out of context.

9 Likes

Bitter horrible bastards

3 Likes

Cavemen and backwoodspeople. Either being intellectually dishonest or have no knowledge of the situation. Neither is great. The likes of him is why the North will never be resolved. Sure its his living, a professional malcontent. And his own crowd burning effigies of Catholic graduates.

1 Like

If we win it next year, we should have the homecoming in Windsor park.

7 Likes

At least its not burning an effigie of a female politician or burning the ivory coast flag

1 Like

Kilkenny were blessed with real leaders in that back line and Jackie was one of them. He might be a pain in the hole pundit with silly hair and eclectic dress sense but he was a proper corner back and vital cog in that Kilkenny defence. In time Nash may surpass him but at this stage I’d take Jackie every day of the week and we’ll have to agree to disagree.

6 Likes

Get what you’re saying, maybe the end of next year. Nash has put 2 serious seasons together.

1 Like

Id be singing it away if I was there but you have to admit they have a point and there is no real argument against what they are saying