Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

Would Byrnes be above Tommy Walsh at this stage? Nearly would for me.

100%

I don’t think either of the Limerick midfielders are particularly good. They stop the opposition midfield from hurling I suppose but that shouldn’t be enough to be an all star

When I say particularly good I obviously mean at the elite intercounty level and especially compared to the rest of the team.

Not near him.

3 Likes

Byrnes is great under opposition puckouts and obviously his striking and free taking but Tommy Walsh was as good under puckouts and an absolute animal when the ball broke anywhere around the back line, like a magnet to the ball

1 Like

DOD has much more than that in his locker on his day. He started the year unbelievably well but was carrying a knock into the MF and seemed to lose his form thereafter

Ok, calm down pal, I don’t think anyone said that. Let’s have the conversation after their careers are finished.

2 Likes

Shefflin is the greatest for me, while Canning is the best.

Thekilkennys need to calm down.

2 Likes

They feel under threat and they’re lashing out. It’s to be expected.

2 Likes

I don’t think they really stop the opposition from hurling; I would say they don’t particularly try to do that. In fact, they could arguably be accused of going out and doing their own thing a bit too much.

DOD will consistently be one of the most underrated hurlers in the country, even by Limerick people. He is probably one of the most skilful & unselfish members of the panel, a superb stickman. WOD is WOD, an unbelievable engine, who hits everything that moves. Don’t think he was quite as good as he was in 2021 but still a huge asset.

2 Likes

Tommy Walsh made a career of lamping ball over his shoulder and Cody bawling at the 6 forwards to fight for it

1 Like

Havent seen anyone to match Byrnes long striking. Unbelievable it is.

1 Like

My all time GOAT list would look like

1. DJ
  2. JJ
  3. Eoin Kelly
  4. Henry
  5. Lynch
2 Likes

I thought DOD fouled everything that went near him the last day, he’s a much better player than that but he did his job I suppose.

To be fair the delectable (at least after a pint and a half) Mrs. Little Pengelly has a point. South was a vile character, a fascist and a supporter of the Nazis and there is no “out of context” to take about the singing of the song about him. South was a malignant cancer on the arse of humanity. The point about these songs is they are completely normalised. It’s the same with the songs about being “up to our necks in Fenian blood” etc. etc. The people who sing that don’t think they are doing anything wrong, and neither do those who sing about Sean South. The GAA celebrates Dan Breen who was another supporter of the Nazis, John Mitchel who was a propagandist for chattel slavery, and also celebrates an INLA man, and again these things are completely normalised and any mere pointing out of these facts attracts hostile, outraged reaction, so as long as this continues the GAA as a whole has serious questions to answer about inclusivity.

He was very poor in the MF. Started well against Galway but faded badly… He was so so against Kilkenny but no where near heights of the end of last season/ start of this season… When on form his passing is top notch , he gets through some work / yards

Im not sure what voodoo Thompson has but on him the last couple of months but it has to be her fault. Has to be

1 Like

She’s a succubus that one.

Jack ?

2 Likes

Lads like DOD and WOD are worth their weight in gold. They are not flashy and so are underappreciated but you wont win anything without them. Give me a DOD/WOD over a Darragh Fitz anyday of the week.

10 Likes