Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

I thought he put in some massive hits. He got on a fair bit of ball in the first half; not as much as I’d like in the second half which was disappointing.

He is a player you want on the ball as much as possible, I think I read a stat that said he had directly assisted more scores from play in Championship than anybody else. That’s not a coincidence. He takes up fantastic positions to receive the ball, and his distribution is top notch. He did have quite a poor Munster Final but I would have said that from his league & first few Munster Championship performances, that he was Limerick’s form player. The injury before the game in Ennis did seem to disrupt him.

I would see him as an ultimate team player, he facilitates other players, the likes of Dan, Hannon & Gillane particularly must love playing with him.

1 Like

John Mullane “I calls him the Warlord”

4 Likes

Was it him that hit Conor Browne high early on? He didn’t do half as much providing as I’d expect of him, and he was loose in the tackle a lot of the time. He’s like a centre in rugby to hit though. He tried to wrap up Walter on the sideline midway through the second half and got bounced altogether that one time

WOD suffers from the fact that he is so good at wrecking balling, his opponents have decided to try to completely bypass him. KK didn’t even try to win the midfield battle

Nope

you can make a case for Sean Finn above any KK corner back though

I think Mike Casey is as good as Noel Hickey

Nicky Quaid is better than PJ Ryan\McGarry

Hannon is better than any number 6 kilkenny have had as far back as I can remeber

1 Like

Tommy Walsh might be the most dominant hurler ever in his prime.

3 Likes

Ye ended up with 13 of the 15 starters from 2018 in the final didn’t ye?

I’d say ye have done exceptionally well on the injury front

TJ is unreal in the air, but I think Walsh was the best ever I’ve seen at that skill. For a man who wasn’t physically imposing to be consistently catching puck outs against lads who usually had a significant height advantage over him was sensational. Whatever way he did it, just class.

Just mad as a Limerick fan to be even in the conversation as that 2006-2009 KK team. Like everyone else we were looking on in awe at them for so long.

1 Like

Kyle and Gillane probably shouldn’t have played. Reidy had a bad knock too. We had a lot of injuries this year… That S&C guy is clearly shit.

2 Likes

We have but we lost the only current player with 2 HOTYs. Massive, massive loss

He’s not nearly at their level.

1 Like

Yeah, he should of taken the frisbee off Gillane

Exactly

He was. But clearly rubbish to say ye have been unlucky with injury

Been destroyed with injuries all year, phenomenal to overcome it all.

1 Like

Hopefully this gets an airing on Liveline today. Not the song, now.

Only the two all stars injured for most of the year. Kyle Hayes (another multiple All Star) missed a game with injury. Aaron Gillane (multiple All Star) missed a game through injury and probably wasn’t right for the final. Seamus Flanagan (All Star) missed a game.

But yeah, no injury worries really

The Dow singing it outside the Still House. Folk can complain to their employers or JP and will be rightly told to fuck off.

1 Like

SSSSSHHHHH We have come back to the pack remember :wink:

Shane Dowling and his ilk are other side of the coin of those scumbags singing about Michaela Harte.