Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

Galway didn’t fail in '89. The GAA and that cunt from Wexford did.

Good post otherwise.

2 Likes

Good to see you’ve gotten over it.

8 Likes

Very true. The best player in the country was unavailable in the 1973 final.

1 Like

A bit similar to the Limericks on Sunday, it’s a huge historical opportunity for any side. Especially a County that isn’t one of the old ‘big three’

Did Eddie Keher not play that day?

No.

This lad played instead.

2 Likes

The Dublin Robbie Ryan, Spidey Security, will once again be in operation around the perimeter of HQ. Any three in a row lad looking to get tasty, be prepared for an armed response.

11 Likes

This is spot on and lads tipping Kilkenny would do well to remember it. Only for Covid this Limerick team would be already firmly positioned in the history of hurling as the greatest team ever to have played. The manner in which they’ve steam rolled the opposition on so many occasions, especially in the big one, should leave you in no doubt that your dealing with something special. The disruption COVID caused to GAA and society in general created an apathy thats only really going to be reflected in the folklore of GAA but the records will still show Limerick have been there and done it better than any before them.

2 Likes

For the neutrals, are KK the lesser of two evils for Sunday?

1 Like

After the Galway game i was worried but even without lynch if Limerick play well id expect us to win by 5 or 6 points.

Is that based on the quality of the opposition this Sunday or you think Limerick have more gears ? I fully agree with you btw

Well you can’t turn it on like a tap and I’m not sure of the relevance of the 2020 season given it was so different but Limerick definitely peaked in the final last year. So you can be confident they’ll peak on Sunday too.

I rewatched the Galway game with no volume on and for all Galway were good limerick started very well but seemed to take the foot of the gas a little and while Galway did go one up Limerick didn’t ever panic and were ahead when it counts.

Limerick didn’t do a whole pile to counter act galway or target them tbh. They created no goal chances and it sort of felt like they were holding a little back or playing within themselves anyway.

Are Kilkenny much better than galway ? Possibly but I still think if Limerick target Richie Reid they can rip Kilkenny a part down the middle.

Kk are definitely carrying 4 or 5 lads. For Kilkenny to win they’ll need to get 3 or 4 goals and for Limerick to seriously underperform.

I find it very hard to see anything other than a Limerick win at this stage.

1 Like

The kk lads have Richie Reid down for the all Star.

Absolutely, I know fellas won’t admit it but KK are the neutrals choice.

But I expect them to be well beaten :man_shrugging:

1 Like

:astonished:

The Corkies want KK to pull even further ahead of them in the roll of honour? Christ we really have finished ye off altogether

8 Likes

Well he’s had a good year but on Sunday Kilkenny will need him to dominate and he’s a key part of them getting good ball into the forwards.

Will he be able to deal with Kyle ? I severely doubt it.

If Kyle cleans him out of it which I suspect he will I simply can’t see Kilkenny winning.

Cody could have trick up his sleeve but I don’t see it. Throw Donnelly, Walsh and Reid inside and just rain high ball into on top of them ? It could work but Limerick have English to come in and potentially move Dan morrissey back.

1 Like

Limerick moving to 19 behind is worse than Kilkenny moving 7 ahead

Probably Cody’s greatest achievement this year so

Kilkenny don’t do tricks up the sleeve, or tactics for that matter.