Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

They had tactics v Limerick in 2019. They shut down limericks game plan and they exposed some weaknesses in AGs game at the time. Limerick definitely copied some of the defensive structure from kk too.

Or fake teams, even though he hasn’t named a proper 15 this year

1 Like

All this auld sham talk of “licking their lips” and “righting a wrong from '19” is pure waffle.
Sure didnt Gillane foul the penalty? Or are ye lads allowed to strike the ball a yard inside the 21 now?? Funny how that never gets discussed here in detail.

Anyway,I see nothing but a glorious win for the Cats because we have the mentality,the tradition,the hurlers and above all…

Anger at been written off against a crowd of johnny come latelys.

(Any of ye near the sideline may bring the nappies and wet wipes on Sunday.Its going get messy)

Cats by 7.

3 Likes

I think somebody posted above that this final went straight to a replay.
However the GAA website says Extra Time If Necessary.

So what happens then? Penalties? Replay?

Tis a pity ye won’t have any fans there to see it

9 Likes

‘Foul the penalty’ ffs, they were poxed, something clearly wrong with Hannon and once Kyle went back Limerick fucked them up and then got caught by a bad call at the end/ran out of time.

Everyone knows what wouldve happened in extra time.

Agreed.

Limerick without Lynch and an injured Gillane is too much even for this team. Casey also isn’t up to it yet, too soon. You can’t take those 3 out of a team and expect to win. They actually did unreal to get to the final

1 Like

No penalties for an AIF.

He played the following year and they hockeyed Limerick

Winning this All Ireland would indeed be a great achievement given everything

So when is the replay?

Roll of honour :joy:

Who gives a shire about that, all that matters is this year

1 Like

Just as an example.

Compare Dublins 2011 winning team to the 2015 winning team their was seven changes in the starting 15.

The Kilkenny 06 side compared to the 2010 final v tipp had at least five changes from what I recall.

You’ll probably have 13 of the starting 15 from 2018 starting on Sunday regardless if cian lynch is fit or not. William o Donghue and Barry nash are the two changes.

Saturday 30th

A replay during race week?? Ffs

Too hot to travel.Better off in the beer garden.

Sure even the team aint staying up

Thanks, but how do you know?

I saw it on the Leader website.

1 Like

I’d agree that is a concern, the only mitigation is they were so young in 2018.

That KK team was average age mid to late 20’s I think, so some needed replacement.

But I would be worried that we are sticking with lads out of form out of loyalty. Tom M chief amongst them. But it’s hard to drop the fucker, especially if Lynch is back. He misses Lynch. He could easily score 5 in the final

Raining high ball will do lovely. Casey breaks it, Finn and Nash sweep it up and Limerick go up the field and score.