Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

Check your PMs

4 Likes

Different Kilkenny team now bud.

And a one thats peaking at just the right time,in case u didnt notice that.

We’ll see on Sunday.

There is no obvious weakness in that fully fit Limerick 15 from 18’ though, from what we know of them now. They were only starting out and all improved.

1 Like

Is Gillane definitely out?

I do think covid is a mitigation. They are definitely fresher than if we didn’t have the breaks in seasons etc etc.

On Tom Morrissey. I’m a huge fan. His shooting is often erratic But I haven’t seen any drop off in his work rate or general play. He just clicks some days and other days he doesn’t. I’d wouldn’t be worried about him.

3 Likes

100%

He’ll score 8 or 9 from play some day

Massive respect but I think it remains to be seen.

DOD won’t play wing-back under any circumstances, I wouldn’t think.

1 Like

Kilkenny were missing a good few more on top of Eddie Keher in 1973.

I’m after misreading and thinking twas Byrnes out!

Dont see anything

Limerick haven’t showed the gears of 2020 and 2021 at all this year really. While they closed out the Tipp, Clare and Galway games in impressive fashion it was as much down to Tipp completely running out of steam with 20 to go and a handful of key players showing huge composure late on v Clare and Galway to get them over the line rather than having that collective burst or other gear to go to.

I think they looked a bit stuck in the mud in the second half v Galway and made a lot of tired/uncharacteristic errors with heavy touches and lads playing short passes which simply weren’t on which we haven’t seen from them at this stage of the championship the previous two years.
If all things are equal and Kilkenny and Limerick both play to the same level that we saw 2 weeks ago then I think Kilkenny have every chance here but you would think that Limerick given the amount of leaders and experience they have will be able to find a bit of improvement from the Galway game while you would think we probably saw kilkenny’s ceiling two weeks ago where they were razor sharp in fairness to them.

There is idle talk about Gillane picking up a knock last weekend which would certainly be a big set back for Limerick if he isn’t close to 100%. Kilkenny would need to be at least a goal up heading into the last quarter and make Limerick chase the game to get a win here you would think. If it is nip and tuck down the stretch you would think that the same lads who got Limerick over the line v Clare and Galway will do the same again here.

4 Likes

The only peak you’ll see on Sunday is the peak of the cap that Limerick will be bating Kilkenny with.

10 Likes

No. He’ll play hurt id say but at half capacity

1 Like

They’re missing the best player in the country and another all star, surely it’s to be expected? If you were to sit down at the end of last year and ask what are Lynch and Casey worth to the team, what would it be, eight points minimum?

4 Likes

Would you be able to put a gang of us up for the night in the Big Smoke?
Hotels are gone fierce expensive up there.

We promise not to drink all of your home brew…

They were the wit and creativity in the attack. Can see why there aren’t the goals without them. Casey is Limerick’s most natural forward.

1 Like

Yeah come on out. Ye’ll have to be careful with the Covid though.