Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

Dont think so,pops.

72,82,92,02,12…

Youre around long enough to have seen those.Dont be blowing smoke up the Limericks.

He could do a few auld wiring jobs around the house for you.

And you didn’t hear anything and you don’t have an opinions like that on Sunday, right? Now fall in line, Limerick by 4.

1 Like

How many goals has Casey scored in Championship hurling? While a fine player, i wouldn’t have said that making or taking goal chances was one of his strengths. Lynch is a loss in his ability to find runners alright, but Casey not so much as most his best work is pulling his man 30 to 40 yards out from goal and getting shots off under pressure.

1 Like

Soz.
Phone was hacked.

Limerick by at least 4.

3 Likes

Great post. Tried to dm there but don’t seem to be able.

Anyone opening shops or pubs or cutting ribbons around Limerick this week?

Can see what you’re saying but I think he is important to the balance of the attack in seeking goals with clever runs making space plus very safe on the ball, gives the attact continuity to create openings.

I’d be interested to see had he many touches in a build up instead of the assist or goal but I could be way off.

Casey Flanagan Gillane is such a balanced FF line

Casey isn’t really direct enough to be a major goalscorer. Which is a major pity, because his footwork means he’s a nightmare if he does run at you.

Lynch does create chances, simply because he looks to pass first & foremost and if someone has made that run into space, Lynch is the most likely to find him. Did he set directly set up both Hegarty’s goals in the final last year?

Yeah, Casey is more fleet footed than a speedster, he does all his hurling in 4 or 8 steps as opposed to taking his man on or carrying the ball.

I think the fact that each day out only one of Limerick’s half forward line has consistently fired on the day the last 3 or 4 games hasn’t helped either. When Limerick do create goals it is either Gillane winning a direct ball or that third man run from deep ghosting in and opening things up

:rofl::rofl: I wouldn’t be rushing in with a half-arsed celebrity spot any time soon if I were you.:axe:

4 Likes

Nah, 8 is very high even if it is arbitrary. Limerick hit the bones of 28 to 30 points in every championship match this season even without them - aside from the 1-21 in Ennis when they rested a few as well.

Both are probably worth 8 points a game to Limerick but their replacements be it 2 of CON, Mulcahy, Reidy, Boylan etc have probably been contributing 4 points + a game in the absence.

The Limericks going on about Cian Lunch being missing, he’s been gone all year and it hasn’t impacted you. Can’t give you that crib.

Limerick by 5 points with it tight until last 7-8 mins.

I’d put Lynch alone worth five, between his own contributions and his assistance to the players around him. Again, he’s the best player in the country, that’s not an unreasonable value to place on him at all. He also releases Hayes to wing back. Mulcahy started for Casey most recently and didn’t score, don’t think he won a free for a score either. Casey is worth two or three at least per game. Conservative estimates on both fronts.

Tbf Mulcahy won two hard-won frees at least the last day. Daithi Burke tried to decapitate him in the second half & Morrissey hauled him down when he was heading for goal.

2 Likes

I stand corrected!

But you are right in that he’s not a massive active threat from play at the moment. But his work rate is better than all our other forwards. I know people say that “work rate is a minimum requirement” and it is, but his exceeds everyone else. He’s some man to dislodge a ball or just keep it alive until support arrives.

I think he’ll start for sure unless Casey is ready to go from the start, and I think that would happen even if Lynch was flying, that Mul wouldn’t have been the one dropped.

2 Likes

Yeah, he started like a train the last day. Would have no fear of him really, though the subs could and should come a bit earlier than last day.

I was waiting for it :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I’d be thinking of it, using the auld soccer analogy. Kilkenny are the Manchester United (let’s say of early 2010s). Limerick are Man City of Chelsea, with the bags of money. You’d rather neither won :laughing: