Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

Galway bate and looking forward to skinnign some cats. Hom Limerick

Fuck tipp :nigeria::nigeria:

Who are they?

2 Likes

Finn had one unreal moment late in the second half, stopped a Galway player getting a catch, took a touch to control it above the Galway player’s head and took the ball. I though Finn’s user or delivery of the ball was poor at times today.

1 Like

If Kilkenny strike fewer than ten wides, they get a serious chance. Limerick’s wide count is generally in the mid teens.

I think the odds for the final are very generous to Limerick considering performances so far. I can understand us being favourites and I probably would favour us, but there would appear to be a bit of value in KK.

The performance we put in today will not be good enough to beat Kilkenny. Do we have another level in us? Maybe… Very very hard to know. We’re still very good but we’re not quite firing on all cylinders. This will be our biggest test since 2019, by a mile.

Ah would you stop Ffs

4 Likes

Galway were excellent today and a below par limerick still dug it out. This is an incredible side. Galway hit a few wires towards the end but the sheer pressure put on by Limerick players around the field to force those wides must be recognised too. Limerick are a better team than KK but that matters little against Cody and his troops

We’re dead only for washing at this stage as Babs said look it we reached for the stars and achieved it was good while it lasted

1 Like

Ye were in 3rd gear today, plenty left in the Limericks

Maybe, hopefully we can find those extra gears.

I do think there’s more in us but I think that Kilkenny will make it even more difficult to find those extra levels than Galway did and the mistakes we made will be punished even more cruelly. So we will need to find those gears.

Limerick wouldnt want to be relying on Peter Casey or Cian Lynch in this. They both looked well off it today.

Cathal O’Neill too never got into it

Id say Kilkenny will win the final by around 10 points.

2 Likes

Shure lookit, best of luck to them

1 Like

We had a good run of it. No shame in going out on our swords to the greatest manager of them all.

1 Like

The sulkies have been circled and the official line from @balbec has gone out

His parents are from back the west fwiw

Apologies if I was wrong on that front. The parents are definitely from Clare. Article below says Cratloe (but media articles are not always gospel):

The absolute tweeness here would sicken your shit*

At least @thegalways would have given it serious bravado for a few weeks

*Yes, I’m aware that I’m jealous as fuck that my own crowd are currently a complete hurling irrelevance at senior level.

1 Like

He played his football with Monaleen so presume the parents moved out to Cratloe after. I went to school with cousins of his, it would be Doonbeg and Kilkee lineage if I remember it right, no small ball background at all

1 Like

Hard to really analyse that Limerick performance, ground out the win, which was great but so many key elements of our game off at key stages. The short passing wasnt fluent, the “rucking” and breaks seemed to end up in the oppositions hand a lot more than usual. Outside of Reidy, the shooting when the chips were down was poor too.

Galway seemed to find men in space, at any part of the field, far too easily off their puck out, while our long ones weren’t very effective.

Killenny will be licking their lips having looked at that today.

4 Likes

They blew us out of it in the rucks - they were savage at fighting for the square foot where the ball was dropping into, and then if it did break there was a shunt of the hips or the arse to make sure they were getting to it first. Our forwards especially were made look completely ineffective in those contests. That mindset or intensity was where our lads were really caught on the hop.

1 Like

:frowning: